Binks "labor" progress pics TWINS!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by liz, Jan 18, 2008.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Since the first due date "panic attack", I've been regularly feeding Binky in her kidding stall and leaving her with the others at night and thru the day, she hits 145 on the 23rd, NEXT WEEK!!YAY! After I fed them this afternoon she didn't want to readily come out of the stall. She's with the girls and will crawl under the bench to keep away from Bootsie, and to keep warm. We are to have some very cold weather over the weekend and I was thinking that she'd be warmer with the others so I wasn't going to put her in the stall til the cold snap was over, but ????? I don't know, should I stall her so she can make her nest and be comfortable for kidding?

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Whenever we have does close to kidding, we don't usually keep them separate unless we absolutely know that they will kid really soon. They don't seem to like to be away from the others. My does makes nests(might as well call them craters) all over the barn in the month before they kid.

I sure hope she doesn't tease you anymore! :p

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I would keep her with the others until she seems like she wants to nest.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    TY...This is the first year that all my girls have been able to be "together" due to the barn addition. Previously they have each had their own stall and were very happy with that arrangement, now though is a first for me cause I didn't have to worry that they weren't getting their share and whatnot, I am off work Monday and Tuesday next week and I can come home and check on her before the lunch rush each day, I'm just hoping that since she wasn't very willing to leave the stall to begin with that there won't be an issue with getting her there when she goes into labor.

5. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Liz...she will feel much better with the rest of the herd. I went through this with my boer doe and left her with the herd...she kidded while being with the herd but kidded in the barn. I was very proud of her. Your girl will do just fine! Keep us posted on her!

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I turned my girl out that is due the same day as yours. I figure I will bring her in when I start seeing signs she will kid soon - like contractions or discharge - or you know a nose and hooves hanging out - LOL!

You will be ok - she will let you know - of course this is coming from the most worried person in the forum! LOL!

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I hope all will be well, I definately need to be with her when she goes as the temps are to be in the upper 20s and I don't want froze babies! The full moon is on Wednesday next week hmmm...whats the chances she'll go then?? yeah, right! She'll do it when she's good and ready!!

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    LOL! If goats are anything like human's we will have alot of babies born on full moon! I know I went into preterm labor with all of my kids on full moons, and the maternity ward was ALWAYS packed because of it!

I am with you Liz, I am really scared. We have been in single digits this week, and now back in the teens to low twenties.

I ordered kid coats today - woo hoo - for them!!!

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I had thot of sweaters for them, but at the same time, my Tilly delivered her first kids when it was 10 degrees...on her own and I didn't get to them right away and they were fine, still scary though! Binky still has a "round" belly and hasn't dropped too low yet but she's had some discharge, I'm hoping she does go closer to 150 than 145 though, for the sake of this bitter cold!

10. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Sice you want her to wait it won't happen!LOL

11. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Good luck!!!!! I hope you get some sweet babies soon! :D

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Yah - I hear you Liz - about waiting till closer to 150. I am hoping for anything BUT day 150 and 151.... but now that I have Jynxed myself!!!

LOL!

13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Allison's Daisy panicked me into putting her up in the stall. Not a whole lot of exercise available for a very pregnant doe scared into hiding under the bench due to an overly aggressive herd queen! All she was doing was staying under there so I thot it best for her to at least be able to stand and pee when she wanted to! Not much kid movement today and she was happily munching on her hay when I left the barn to come check Allisons thread!! She'll be the last to go! Contradense (sweet gum minis) will go then Binky will keep me nuts!

14. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh! I bet you are super super excited Liz! Chiefs first kids!

15. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    C'mon Binky!!! Go Girl! We are all rooting for you!
    Hmm, so Liz.. is there a storm coming your way? It is snowing here.. I better go check my girls.. :D.
    lol but if one of them kids I am going to be really, really mad because they are not due for awhile. But I have two that are looking super close and that has me so confused. Naughty girls. If they do kid soon it is a mistake and I will have NO CLUE who the sire is.. :p. Let's hope not.

So c'mon Binky girl! You can do it!

16. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am really excited at that prospect, but there is still the chance that because Hank was loose for an hour that they may even be his. Really hoping that Chief got the job done in the 8 hours before Hank got there!!

17. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh bummer! I hope that Cheif did get the job done! Then you will have registered nigerian kids!

18. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Full moon is stated on the calendar for tomorrow but as of tonite Binky is not showing me much. Her udder has grown a bit and she is stretching alot, her tail is low and sort of goes to one side and she is constantly pushing her pooch against the wall! I have the moniter on so I can hear her if she needs me. Not as cold tonite as it was last nite, 16 degrees now, real early this morning it was 4!! If she holds out til Saturday it's supposed to be warmer.

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Good luck Liz!!!! I will be thinking about you!!!

20. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well, her udder is increasing, teats are still "flat". She's builing more out the rear and in width. I sat with her for an hour this afternoon, its warmer today, 32 degrees but snowing, as I was with her she was all lovey wanting me to scratch her but and head. Her ligaments are deep and hard to find but they are still there, she has dropped as her hips are more prominent, and while I had my hand on her belly I couldn't figure out if it was a head or a foot that kept poking me! I'm leaning towards twins as there is no way 1 kid can be moving everywhere at once! She must be having some mild contractions because every so often she would stop breathing and turn her head to her belly, Looks like I won't be getting much sleep til she goes, I can leave work to check on her but getting up at 4am with a few hours of sleep isn't fun, though I have gladly done it before for my girls.