The Goat Spot Forum banner

Binky babies soon???

3K views 48 replies 10 participants last post by  kelebek 
#1 ·
Yep, its me again! Her udder doubled in size since she began to build one Christmas Eve, she already got her birthing trim of her tail and udder and to me she has dropped...at least her hips seem more prominent and her belly is lower. Hope she waits til Tuesday afternoon...she'll be at 147 and Im off on Wednesday! Her ligaments are not as easy to find either and she's had a bit of the crusties on her tail.

What do ya think? Am I going to get babies this week?

See less See more
#3 ·
I am going to throw a dart out there and say it will happen on Monday. I have three does that are all holding out on me. Mine do not have the bag that she does, but they do not always get one anyway. They are opening up so much that I am afraid that the babies will just slip right out. :greengrin:

#4 ·
Go Binky . Enjoy your last kidding girl... watch out.. your mama's gonna put duct tape on your cha cha!!!!
Hee Hee!! Binky, I hope will give me a few more kids over the next few years, it's Bootsie that'll have the duct tape on her cha-cha after this kidding! Guess I have 1 too many girls with a "B" name :lol:

I just have this hopeful feeling that the second breeding Binky had was a false heat, I don't think she'll be able to hold out til the 28th, do you?

#6 ·
Well, she's had her supper and settled into her stall very nicely tonight. The movement in her belly is like little pokes everywhere and her pooch is so far out there that she's been pushing it against the wall! Hope she can wait a couple days.

#10 ·
The way it sounds Allison, you are gonna get babies first!

Ashley, I am so hoping she goes this week, we are having some wierd weather here, and it's gonna be in the 50s and 60s this week...ideal temps for winter kiddings!!
Her udder is very tight up front and bulged out in the back...is this normal? I'm used to nigi crosses and not dealing with a purebred udder and "conformation" is confusing...is she supposed to have such high attachment in the front?

#16 ·
Thanks, I am anxious to see what she'll turn out like, this is her second freshining, the first her kids died from the cold and I don't think she was being milked so she basically built an udder just to dry off shortly after. I was actually thinking there was something wrong with it, good to know that its what it should be. BTW...She has me back and forth on wether she'll kid this week, maybe it's just being impatient for kids that has me thinking every little detail is a sign. :lol:

#18 ·
At least Daisy looks un comfortable!! Binky just has the very swollen cha cha and bigger udder. She ate all of her grain tonite and went to town on the hay...Allison, deep breaths and take it hour by hour or even day by day! HA! Easier said than done..lol.

#19 ·
LOL! You are funny Liz!

I would love to see mine, yours, and Alyssa's all go on the same day! That would just be awesome!

But, you know, I am now thinking, I don't know if I am going to want to get rid of these little ones, as they have put me through this much so far and they are the first babies born on the ranch - guess we will wait and see!

#22 ·
Well, Binky is just happily chewing her cud, she didn't even get up when I switched the light on. Just for my sanity and her safety, she goes in the kidding stall at night. As I mentioned before, Bootsie has turned into a real ***** towards her in the last month. At least this way she doesn't have to have her guard up while resting or eating. I know I'll be bald before the week is over and if she holds out til the 28th she will definately surprise me!

#24 ·
I hear you Liz about one goat turning into a *brat*. My Fiona turned on us on Dec 28th when we took her for ultrasound. SHe was great throughout the whole thing, until I went to wipe her stomach off with a towel, and now she is trying to bite all the time when you try to touch her tummy or udder. The little poo head.

I saw once when Daisy went to walk by her, she accidently rubbed her big belly on her and Fiona turned to snap at her.

I guess all those hormones do different things to goatie mommies as they do to human mommies!

#25 ·
YUP...Has to be the hormones...poor hubby has to go thru PMS AND GOAT WATCH at the same time!! Right now Binky has been down on her belly rubbing all thru the manure pile, sitting and then going to the fence to flag and tease the boys. Poor girl has the hormone thing pretty bad...still hoping she delivers by the 16th( extreme 155) Her cha-cha is stuck out at least an inch and a half beyond her tail which is cocked to one side, she's nibbling at the Christmas Tree and nibbling on hay....would be perfect if she did it tomorrow evening cause then I could be with her all night if need be...I'm off Wednesday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.