Binky's beau.....AND Settled..I HOPE!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by liz, Oct 19, 2008.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My doe Hollow Ache R Binky.....
    [​IMG]

had a "date" today with Heart n Hand Holler Maverick

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Needless to say, though you can't tell by the un co-operative pics, I was very pleased with his overall codition, he still has that "juvenile" look to him at 18 months old, and though he was just gold and white as a kid, he has grown to get the dark dorsal stripe as well as a dark spot on his one foot, the pics don't show it but those blue eyes look really nice with his color. So hopefully she settled after his repeated "romancing" today! If so day 145 will be March 13....giving me 2 does due with in the SAME week as Angel would be due the 10th!

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Re: Binky's beau

Awww...Binky looks like a sweetheart! And your buck is very handsome! Love his color...it kinda looks like my moonspotted buck's color.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

nice goats Liz............she is real pretty and he is a handsome...... he....man.... :thumbup: :)

4. Candy

Candy New Member

Welcome to the world of 2 in the same week! It's lots of fun. Those babies are gonna be just beautiful! Only 149 days to go! :ROFL:
    Candy :sun:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

and counting...................LOL :ROFL:

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I've had the "3" in the same week this past winter! Hoping March weather is warmer than the mid February weather here when I had 7 kids born in the same week...4 with just a day between!! Maverick is owned by Binky' breeder, she bought him out of Ohio to add new blood to her herd and I figured why not? I am debating on wether I should retain a doe, if she has one to have my own "born here registered doe"....don't want my numbers too high and cause more harm than good.....o well I don't count my chickens before they hatch...I'm superstitious with that kind of stuff. I was so excited that she stood for him today that I wasn't thinking about getting a breeding memo....good thing Gin at Hollow Ache R was thinking...I got it and now I just have to wait and see....she did deliver in January with twin does at day 145....how much you wanna bet that she makes me wait til 150 next year? :wink:

7. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008

Nice looking goat couple! Hey Liz, I know Heart N Hand Holler Farm since they bought some Mini-Nubians from us. :thumb:

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Cool :thumb: , HeartnHand Holler have some very nice goaties...and I do believe that she had a new nigi doe born not long ago...very nice goaties

9. Re: Binky's beau

Breeding season is so exciting.........its like writing out your christmas wish list!!

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Yes...very exciting....and boy do I hope she settled...she stood for him and is now "romancing" my boys at the fenceline!! What a wanton girl! I can take her back if she didn't settler, just really hoping that this time was "the one"!

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

oh liz, he is beautiful - I mean handsome.

You should get some nice kids with that pairing!

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

didn't read all the posts but wanted to say "nice choice"

13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Thank you all for your comments....he was a "randy" little guy! And guess what? I also got to see Binky's parents! Got a really great pic of her sire...Dawn Acres NC Hotshot and unfortunately, didn't get any of her dam....Brush Creek Journey

14. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

WOW he is very nice looking Liz!! I think he will pair perfectly with your pretty Doe! Now.... the countdown to babies!!!!!!!!! :stars:

15. Candy

Candy New Member

Only 148 days to go! :greengrin:
    Guess Who :sun:

16. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008

Yes, they do have some nice goaties Liz but we sold out of the Nigerians that is how they got the last 2 of our Nigerian bucks.

17. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan

He is a very nice looking buck! And so is your doe. :)

18. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Thank you Hailee.....I'm partial to think that of Binky also :wink:
    AmyGoatress

Tekie....he sure is a very nice looking guy...I like his levelness and his color pattern. So...he didn't like your girls?

19. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008

Liz,

Actually, he was partial to his size goats though but we did have one Nubian doe that got mad when he escaped through a hole into the aisle way of the barn though but we found out she was already bred though, she was supposed to be an "open doe" when we bought her though but his half brother Aslan gave use Nigerians and Mini-Nubians though.

20. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Wellllllll......it's been 19 days since Binky was bred....her heats are at 20-21 days......so far so good, though I think tomorrow (Saturday) will be the day that will tell me wether or not she'll need to visit Maverick again........I HOPE NOT! :pray: