Bio-Mycin 200????????????

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by myfainters, Nov 13, 2009.

1. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I gave 2 of my does Bio-Mycin today and the first doe screamed, ran around in circles... had her tongue hanging out and then went and laid down (acted exactly like all of mine do with the LA 200) the 2nd doe... I thought I had killed her... she was literally flinging her body around and screaming and bucking like she was dying...she kept banging her head into the barn door??? I thought the Bio-Mycin was sting free??? Have your goats reacted like this to Bio-Mycin? To be honest mine react better to the LA 200 then they do to this stuff and mine reacted sooo badly to LA 200 that I swore I'd never use it again. Am I doing something wrong????? Please help... I know the girls need another dose tomorrow but I honestly can't do that to them again.

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    www.faintheartedranch.net

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Is the bottle expired? I've never had them scream when giving biomycin, only when giving la-200. The bottle must have been tainted or not made right. I would throw it out and get a new one if possible.

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I've never had a problem with giving Biomycin, they don't even seem to notice. How did you give the shot?

4. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I just got the bottle from Valley Vet yesterday, it is brand new. I gave it sq in the neck....

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    www.faintheartedranch.net

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yes, but what is the expiration date on the bottle?

6. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
  7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Then it should be good. If it were me I would call the manufacturer and report the problem you had. They may have had a issue with that batch and need to recall it.

8. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Yes I'd call the manufacter too they need to know just in case soething IS wrong with the batch.

9. One of your problems may be where you are putting this shot. In the neck you can do nerve damage as well as inject right into the jugular. Both of which can be a problem. I would recommend you try the sholder or hip, preferably the hip. Also rubbing the area after can help sooth the pain. You will also need to check, as I do not remember if it is a muscle shot or under the skin. Either way, stay away from the neck. That should help a LOT on the end reaction. :thumb:

10. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Last winter I had to give my 2 boys antibiotics (penicillen sp?) per vet, having never given injections at the time....I had my neighbor come up and do it (he claimed to have given shots before) and he gave the injections into my boys neck and they acted exactly like yours did......I was so freaked out by it, I said never again will I give them a shot in the neck....and the same day I ordered ephrine just to be safe........I really thought my boys were going into shock. After all was said and done, hubby said he was freaked out by the way the boys reacted also......it was awful!

11. judygoatgal

judygoatgal Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Montezuma,IN.47862
    bo-mycin 200 needing to know how many inj a day

I am wanting to know how many times a day to give bio-mycin 200 to my baby host for pneumonia to a week old Boer cross how many days to use
    Jud

12. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    1 time a day for 5 days

13. judygoatgal

judygoatgal Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Montezuma,IN.47862
    how many inj s of bio-mycin 200 a day

my 8 day old kid has a respitory, thing going on or pneaumonia and need to be sure on haw many times a day to give the Bio-mycin 200 a day 24 hr.

14. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member