Bio-tracking ? One more ? if you please :)

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Epona142, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Okay, so we're going to send in Snowflake's blood to test her for pregnancy this week. We would have drawn blood today but it rained of course. :roll:

Now, I've looked all over the silly bio-tracking site, and I can NOT find where it says how to send payment.

Can someone please make this crystal clear for me? :oops:

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: Bio-tracking ?

It is easiest to send payment with the order. It is $7.50 otherwise they will mail you a bill. But make sure you pay it as soon as you get it or they will charge interest!

3. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

That was a freaking nightmare. Had heck trying to GET the blood, and then it wouldn't go into the tube. For some reason, it became clumpy very quickly. I had to put it in the tube by taking the tube lid off and taking the needle off the syringe and squirting it in there.

Why did it clump so quickly? Is it any good now?

I'm getting frustrated, seems like more and more lately, things that should be no problem are becoming problems.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

The blood will be fine. It needs to coagulate then they spin it down so that they can pull the serum for the test :wink:

5. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Thank you for the reassurement! I had so much trouble today, I've drawn blood on dogs and cats, but this was my first goat. Poor Snowflake!

I'll get it sent in and let ya'll know the results, thanks again. :)

Also, if I send it in without payment, and they bill me, do they give a way to pay online? Or with debit?

Or should I just send a check in? Who would I make it payable to? They really should have this information on their site.

:?

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    No Problem :thumb: You can call in a credit card if you want. That is what I do - is send in my tests and then at the end of the month, I call in payment! But I have 8-12 tests everytime there for a while - heheheh

7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I think you make the check out to biotracking, but you can email them to be sure. They always respond quick to emails.

I don't use credit cards anymore unless I have to since the ADGA went and charged $500 dollars instead of $5 dollars by accident. :roll:

8. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Thank you; I think I'll call in the payment. I hate writing checks, barely know how. (Shame on me, right?)

RunAround - that's crazy! I don't blame you for not using credit anymore.