Bird got bred today.

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by SDK, Nov 26, 2010.

1. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    So i get nigerian babies in Mid april.

The daddy is SDK's BOH Colbert.. a buck out of Roc N Ewe's CK Lets twist again and by Tiny Colors BF Box Office Hit

should be cuuute babies, but i don't think i can keep any, i should be able to get them registered AGS NDGA if anyone is interested

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    also.. as to booboo's color.. it's odd. He's some sort of a chamoisee..he's got wide black markings, but the light belly and reddish chestnut color body throws me

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    He's a handsome boy! His markings put me in mind of a "reverse buckskin" lol, if there was such a color pattern.

4. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Awwwwww hes perdy!

Gonna be super cute kids~

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very nice..... :thumb: :greengrin:

6. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

Very cute! He looks like our wether, Hans, did as a kid. He might end up looking like Hans.

Hans at 5 1/2 weeks:
    [​IMG]

At 8 months:
    [​IMG]

Notice that although he looks like a typical black-and-tan, the black is mixed with reddish hairs. His dam is black with reddish hairs mixed in - but not so many as Hans. Could this be the color called "mahogany"?

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    booboo is 6 1/2 months in the older pictures.. and now he still looks the same bright chestnut color with bold black marks and tan belly.

anyways.. since bird's a pet now and we can't have any more goats at brians the prices on these kids will be pretty low, 75 for wethers, 150 for bucks ( which, they'd be pretty nice bucks judging on the udders i've got in the lines and seen kids out of booboo's parents and bird) and does are 175 or 200, haven't talked with brian yet. and if you buy a buck/doe wether would be 25.(prices for papered stock) or if you want a backyard milker to be the prices on bucks/does woulddrop down50 each.

He's having another litter out of booboo out of my old doe, amelia, 's sister. no papers though as brian only does it for milk. but cutie ( the doe) was in milk for 1 year and 10months this last round, and that was her FF round. her babies will be for sale as well

8. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

Oh, I didn't look closely enough. I didn't realize the buck and the kid were the same! :oops: He does look very different from Hans as an adult. He is very pretty, and unusual!

9. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    In the second pic of Booboo he looks like a lamancha cause your looking straight into his ear! :laugh: