BIRD KID!! got a name.. ? on feeding

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by SDK, Feb 3, 2009.

1. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i'm so happy!!

she kid today, with a HUGE single buck that looks almost identical ( almost...) to her.. hes a chocolate chamoisee with random white and CRYSTAL BLUE EYES!

as soon as i saw him i was like... i'm keeping that! he is very nice and what looks like very correct but he's staying.. cause im in love :love:

we've tenatively named him Garibaldi, after the fish ( even though it's orange.. its my favorite) he's just gorgeous.. he'll be a great buck

but i didn't get any other babies.. so no girls.. i'm kinda bummed.. but i got the new bottle baby buck kid..

and to explain that, remember how bird got mastitis last summer and it went on for a good two weeks.. well.. her udder is completely destroyed.. i'm devastated.. she made a whopping 6 ounces and her udder is all loppy and gross.. i felt so bad when i took this baby away, she loves her babies.. but i really didn't feel that she could feed him adequately and i fear she may still have some mastitis, so i will test her tomorrow and treat if necessary.. but no more show career for birdie.. i will breed her again until i get a doe kid or she just get's too old.. but as soon as i get a doe kid, bird gets to retire and live in luxury the rest of her days.. because i loves her.

anyway... here's a picture of the little guy about 20 minutes after he was born today

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: BIRD KID!!

wow ...he is huge.. :shocked: ...and is really nice.... :love: .....I am so sorry... you didn't get your doeling ...and that bird has mastitis.....but I will pray... she gives you a doeling.. next time around....... :pray: :pray: :hug:

Congrats on the beautiful big boy.......... :)

3. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin

Handsome little boy :stars:

I feel for you about the not getting a doe.

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Oh wow, he is a big boy for sure! Congrats! Very handsome!!! :love:

5. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho

:stars: biiiiigggg bucky boy. He is just like his mommy! So sweet! :) One of Saca's stillborns was exactly like her too. So lucky! Congrats! :stars:

6. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

WOW!!! Very VERY cute!!!! :stars:

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

What a cutie - Congrats! :stars:

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

:stars: Congratulations

9. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008

What a nice looking buckling, congrats!

10. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN

:party: Congrats on the beautiful buckling, so sorry about her udder, though.

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

congratulations. TO bad on the girl :(

12. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

he's 6.5 lbs.. geebus... still naming

13. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California

Congrats. He's a big cutie. Shelly

14. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA

Wow! he IS big... so sorrrrrrrrrrrry about the mastitis. :( Hope he does well and that you get your doe, but even if you don't, now you have a buck to carry on the line that looks just like mom!

15. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia

oh, too cute!

Sorry you didnt get the girl you were hoping for. I'll cross my fingers for next time

FWIW, if you wanted to, you could leave the kid with Bird and still bottle feed him, she will be happy having something to look after and you still ensure he gets enough milk

16. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

i can only ever get over to the goats once a day.. so he would definetly not get enough milk

17. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

ok so.. after much deliberation for names and if i should keep him for sure.. i have finally narrowed it down

names : SDK BOH Steller's Sea Eagle
    SDK BOH Wapiti
    SDK BOH Little Buffalo

he is absolutely GORGEOUS! soo long.. i've been trying to get you guys a picture to see if i am blinded by his cuteness or if he looks as nice as i think he does..

anyway.. poor momma bird does NOT have mastitis.. but her udder is not good at all. i think i am going to milk her for a few weeks to see if i can get production up so that next year she can raise her own... if not i'm going to just dry her up.

i'm so happy she at least gave me my pretty boy, of whom i am "madly in love with"

oh.. he eats like 4-6 ounces every 4 hours.. is it just me or is that alot for a 2 day old?

cause aurora's kids will only eat 3 every 4 hours..