Bird Pictures

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Hailee's Herd, Jan 2, 2008.

1. creaturesall

creaturesall New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Langdon, AB Canada
    Wow! What a great cross-section of birds to have visit you in a single day. 'fraid all I get around here regularly are sparrows and magpies. Autumn and spring add significantly to the variety, but winter and summer bring just sparrows and magpies. Oh well, I still feed 'em. They're birds too; they just don't realize they aren't so pretty as nuthatches, chickadees and woodpeckers.Do you make that suet mixture yourself, or is it purchased? The birds must really like it.

2. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Thanks. I also got a Cardinal, a Finch, and lots of Juncos. I bought the suet.

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

those are some neat picture. it looks like you havea good aray of birds in your area. I have always thought blue jays were so pretty. We don;t have them here i would love to see your pictures of the cardinals. We don;t have those here either. The closest we come are stellers jay, a big jay dark blue in color. That have the most annoying scream. there was a family of five of them sitting in the tree right outside the window the other day throwing a fit about something. Carried on for a good half an hour.
    beth

4. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Here is the male Cardinal:
    [​IMG]

Here is a female:
    [​IMG]

And here is a Junco:
    [​IMG]

5. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    They are so pretty Hailee! Very nice photos and birds :).

6. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Those are some very pretty pictures! And to make it realistic, my charming birds are singing away at the top of their lungs... squaking's more like it lol. I love watching birds. You have quite the mix at your feeder.

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Nice pictures! :) I love taking pictures of birds, I have a ton of them :)

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I love the picture of the back of the blue jay. Great pictures!!!

9. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
  10. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    They're beautiful!!! You do such great photography. And birds make such a wonderful subject. :)

11. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Thank you, they certainly do make great subjects. I love taking pictures of them.:)