The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have small birds that keep eating my goats feed and drinking their water. Which means they poop everywhere and I know it's not good. So how do I keep them away? Do fake owls work? Or should I get a bird feeder too? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using GoatSpot

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't know how many hawks or other birds of prey you have around where you live, but I'm pretty sure the United Caprine News paper had a pretty good article in the past few months about placing nesting boxes for hawks near your barn and they will keep small birds away. I don't remember exactly what the article said, but maybe you can look into that.

And if not, maybe a bird feeder would at least keep some of them from eating the grain, but probably not all of them.

·
8,972 Posts
They sell a balloon type ball, with a big black "eye" on it. You can get large ones about the size of a beach ball or
smaller, like a kick ball. Hang from the rafters and the little birds think it is a bird of prey! It keeps the pigeons
away from the feed lot where our cattle eat. www.gemplers.com sells a bunch of stuff to get rid of pests! (I have
only ordered from them a couple of times, but never had a problem.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.