The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKay so the title says it mostly. Is she ready to go to the birthing pen or am i just getting excited, she has a ton of colostrum and still has her ligs,she also is a ff
Sorry about the bad picks but the sun is shining and Im not gonna complain as cold as it has been

Attachments

·
Banned
5,939 Posts
Be careful about confining her for any length of time. It will stress her and she needs exercise. You might want to consider penning her at night if she looks like she could kid, then turning her back with her herd mates during the day when you can watch her.

·
14,456 Posts
LOL!! One year someone did that. She was standing by herself looking at the kidding barn.
So I brought her in. She turned around & ran out as if she just wanted to make sure it was ready.
She had them the next day outside.

·
Administrator
85,596 Posts
I agree, she isn't quite there yet, also you mentioned, her ligs are still there too.

I would lock her up at night for sure in case. If she can be watched, I would allow her in the day to be with the others.

A shiny udder will have a shiny appearance on the bottom area other udder and her teats. She may get super tight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.