The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 year old nubian that is bred and on day 155. Some days she
Looks huge an others I wonder how she could have babies in there.
She has had a white discharge for 3 weeks now and is slightly swollen
But no other signs, she hasn't even made a bag:(... Should I be worried ? Could there be something wrong.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
83,058 Posts
Feel on the right side or under before her udder area and see if you can feel babies kicking. Sometimes you can and sometimes you can't.

How are you feeding her? And how much?

Does the discharge have a bad odor? Is she eating acting OK?

The discharge may be her plug, which can happen for a long period of time prior to kidding.

If you can get colostrum ready in case, that would be wise, by other means.

Some Does may fill in their udder at the last minute.

Oxytocin after she is finished kidding, helps for milk letdown, to have on hand. RX med

How is her tailhead area? Is it sinking in around the tailhead and can you practically get your fingers around it?

Any pics?

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I agree, pics would be helpful. Does she have a saggy (empty) udder, or just no udder at all? Are you certain of her due date?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try and post some pics.. There is no
Odor and she acts her normal self.. This is
Out first time breeding. Her bag is long and sagging
. Is this good or bad. And we removed her from the buck on
March 12 and was told she was covered that day

·
Super Moderator
83,058 Posts
She doesn't look preggo to me, being ready to drop. Her barrel isn't big. If you are seeing her bigger at the end of the day, it is healthy and full rumen.

She isn't sunken in around the tailhead and her udder isn't filling.

As to the discharge, I would say, it is going out of heat signs, but, you say, she has been doing this for 3 weeks, not sure what that can be. Unles her hormones are out of whack.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Theres a possibility that she was covered but she didnt take. To be sure i would get an ultrasound done but it really doesnt look like she took. Unless there is a single and she bags up closer to kidding time but otherwise theres a slim chance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts