The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting patiently for JCKN Goose on the Loose ( Jack) to show some interest in the girls. On September 23rd I finally caught him acting like a buck! I suspect my daughter's lamancha doe Daisy was bred that day and possibly Violet. Scampi & Garden went in with him on 10/3 then I gave him a chance with herd queen Esther on 10/4 and now he's got the 3 yearlings Georgette, Cranberry & Snow.
Fingers crossed for pregnant test results in a month :storkgirl::storkboy:
Jack
Sky Dog breed Working animal Sheep Fawn

Daisy
Plant Dog Working animal Carnivore Dog breed

Violet
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Fawn

Scampi
Plant Goat Sky Working animal Sheep

Garden
Plant Sky Mountain Working animal Goat

Esther
Eye Plant Dog breed Goat Fawn

Georgette
Eye Goat Human body Terrestrial animal Goat-antelope

Old picture of Snow
Hair Head Eye Goat Human body

Old picture of Cranberry
Eye Vertebrate Goat Human body Mammal

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
5,746 Posts
Those girls have grown! Looking good. I think Jack did all he needed. He's a good looking young guy! Now we just get to wait & see!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! I'm excited to see what he throws. My husband caught him breeding one of the yearlings last night ( he thinks Snow he can't tell them apart lol). He seems to be a shy breeder he quit as soon as he noticed him watching. I've never caught him just noticed gunk on the girls backsides after he shows some interest in them.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine were bred in August thru Sept. Its gonna get real..its gonna get fun...(cheers)..but it's worth it! We will all be checking & running together! :great:lol
See that's when I wanted to start breeding but Jack disagreed with that plan. I'll be watching for baby's from yours though :)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well Jack apparently stinks at his job 1 out of 9 :( . I do find it kind of odd that so many girls have the same number usually they're all over the place? Now to decide if I should wait on him to figure it out or scrounge up the money for a new buck

Attachments

·
Administrator
84,722 Posts
Definitely has a super low sperm count.

I would get another buck if you need breeding done now.
As it takes time and money to try to figure out the bucks issue. If you wanted to go that path.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Definitely has a super low sperm count.

I would get another buck if you need breeding done now.
As it takes time and money to try to figure out the bucks issue. If you wanted to go that path.
I can't imagine the vets in town being much help with figuring out his issue either unfortunately. I'm hoping he's just a very late bloomer.he's never really gone into rut. He showed some interest in the girls but he won't touch them when we're around and watching. For now I'm starting them back on a mineral with higher copper levels and back on weekly replamin as I've been slacking and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
5,746 Posts
Well..if its a mineral deficiency...there is a chance you will later. At least 1 girl got settled. We get to see that one...right?

1 - 20 of 250 Posts