Bison View Farm 2021

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by bisonviewfarm, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    20201122_180945.jpg
    This was an interesting read to me. I thought I would share it with you. Hope it helps

MadHouse and bisonviewfarm like this.
  2. bisonviewfarm

bisonviewfarm Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Thanks very interesting read the plight of adolescent bucks was as well. He definitely seems to have a low libido which would possibly signal a selenium deficiency and I'd never heard of timothy hay possibly containing a high amount of estrogen and this year I am feeding a timothy mix when I usually feed an alfalfa/ grass mix from another seller. I suppose I may have to dig to the back and pull out the alfalfa/ grass bales I bought. I started replamin back up today and I found the right now minerals at the feed store they love it and everyone seems to be scarfing it down so maybe that'll help as well they hated the wind and rain I've been using

3. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Thinking I'll be retesting some girls in case they were bred a bit later or we happened to get a messed up test. Herd queen Esther has gotten in your face lovey over the last week. Very odd because I've barely been able to touch her since I bought her. And my daughter's impossible to put weight on lamancha is suddenly getting fat? We dried her off in June to attempt to put weight on her for fair daily grain ran a feval and she never fattened up now on straight hay she's finally getting a nice little belly started. And some pictures of the girls. Violet is confirmed bred I am excited about her kids she's out of an Able acres buck and Jack is mainly Able Acres so I can't wait to see what they produce. Then the other rolly polly's at this point they're going to need to go on a diet if they don't get bred. Of course no one's shown any signs of heat
    IMG_20201130_155855241~2.jpg IMG_20201130_155947755.jpg IMG_20201130_155922088~2.jpg IMG_20201130_155823969~2.jpg IMG_20201130_160232852~2.jpg IMG_20201130_155802097.jpg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  4. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Such healthy girls

5. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Getting a little to healthy the older girls are starting to jiggle in places they shouldn't when they walk (rofl)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  6. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

:heehee: oh I can immagine.

7. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    But they are soooo cute!(dance) As they trot off all ready to EAT AGAIN! lol.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  9. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    25 days since I drew blood and the only one that's shown any signs of being in heat is herd queen Esther she has a tiny bit of clear discharge today. Guess I'll be drawing blood again maybe I'll get lucky and a few more are bred. I'm giving him until after Christmas then I'll be leasing or buying another buck.
    IMG_20201207_080527718_HDR.jpg

10. Iluvlilly!

Iluvlilly! Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    You have really nice looking goats! I am sorry to hear about your buck, hope he get's the job done for you. Good Luck! Happy kidding:storkboy::storkgirl:

11. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Ahh thank you! They were my big investment this year and my husband may strangle me if he doesn't manage to get the jobs done he wasn't happy about what he cost lol

12. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Thanks!

13. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Thanks really happy with them

14. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Mailed off blood on 7 does yesterday hoping Jack gave me a Christmas gift of at least a couple more bred does! Esther's still the only one that's shown any signs of maybe a heat but I went ahead and pulled blood on her as well. The 8th wasn't cooperating and my fingers were frozen by then so I gave up. Violets now nearing 9 weeks and is definitely starting to plump up :)

IMG_20201218_160824930_HDR.jpg IMG_20201218_160819545_HDR.jpg

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  15. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Well not the results I wanted. Herd queen Esther is a recheck and the rest open though Garden & Daisy are just below a recheck so I suppose I'll go ahead and mail blood in from them with Esther in a few weeks. Jack seemed to be showing some interest Scampi today so I'll be testing everyone else again in a month. At this rate I should have invested in the ultrasound machine I wanted to get this summer.
    Screenshot_20201221-193014.png

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  16. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Geez girl. Thats awful. Im so sorry. Its hard to understand. I guess you need to purchase an ultra sound. I do know @AndersonRanch has an ultrasound machine. In fact she is on her second one. She has a lot of knowledge to help you out. Give her a hollar if you decide to get one. Oh and @CountyLineAcres does also she is really nice & knowledgeable also.

17. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    I suspect that by the time I'm done paying for pregnancy tests this year my husband will agree to investing in the ultrasound lol. I'm kind of hopeful about Esther she started getting super friendly about 2 weeks ago so just maybe she is bred but early. If he managed to breed her he should at some point mange to get the rest.