Bison View Farm 2021

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by bisonviewfarm, Oct 7, 2020.

1. bisonviewfarm

bisonviewfarm Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Well it seems Garden & Georgette are out of heat. Not sure what's up with Daisy I've noticed her with her back arched up like she'd just been bred a few times today but Jasper's not near her? I believe Esther & Scampi will be coming into heat next.
    IMG_20210113_141826736_HDR.jpg IMG_20210113_142222750.jpg IMG_20210113_142228650.jpg

2. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Guess this will become my keep track of heats thread as well since I manage to lose my paper copy a all the time :) . It seems Cranberrys in heat and Ruby my little wethers been trying to breed them which Jasper doesn't approve of lol Not sure on Esther or Scampi. He's following Esther around a lot so maybe or maybe shes just going out. The rest of the girls have some filthy backsides so I'm hoping atleast a few will come back bred next month. Then Violet Jasper loves to sniff her but leaves her alone for the most part.
    IMG_20210114_092056094_HDR.jpg IMG_20210114_091637348.jpg IMG_20210111_085942114.jpg

3. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Exciting times at Bisonview! My wether likes to show that he knows what to do as well. He is not clueless, you know!! :what:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Lol mine's acted clueless all winter. I guess Jasper's arrival reminded him that he's a boy.

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  6. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Thank you! :)

7. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Fingers crossed today is Esther's day! He's in love and she's not running. Gardens got some more discharge but no flagging or interest from Jasper so maybe some excess semen coming out? I can't wait to blood test everyone in a month :)

8. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Finally today is definitely Esther's day! Now let's hope Jasper is buck enough to get her. I noticed Jasper being pushed around by someone which was odd. Went to a different window and spotted Esther flagging like crazy in his face and she's trying to mount him. She's not taking no for an answer today if he trys to eat she shoves him around till he pays attention to her (rofl) .

9. MadHouse

Oh Esther, would you let the guy eat first!?

10. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Not her shes queen and when she wants something she wants it right now. He was trying really hard to ignore her lol

11. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    So how is the Bisonwiew Jaspers 59 shades of Boer doing today?:love: I cant keep from laughing as you explain whats going on:oohlala:. You will have a great record of all breeding dates.:haha:
    So happy for you. Now you get to DNA all babies..to see whom the Daddy is...:omg:

12. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Lol he's not happy no girls in heat today. So instead he decided to get his big head stuck in the hay feeder twice.
    The more places I keep track at the better I like to lose things . No dna unless one of the kids is spectacular. Violets will be the only kids to get registered this year.

13. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    It look's like Snow may have came into heat yesterday evening. He's still showing a bit of interest in her but her backside is filthy this morning so I suspect he may have bred her last night. Im not sure if Scampis been in heat so I'll still be keeping an eye on her. He's been a busy boy 7 does hopefully bred since the 12th :)

14. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Violet 107-117 days! Though I'm questioning that. Her little udders coming in faster than I expected. Last week it was a little handful I could feel but not really see it's definitely visible now. She was buddied up to Jack from the beginning as she was the only one that wouldn't bully him so I suppose an earlier date could be possible. I just never saw him act bucky till then.
    IMG_20210118_105213788.jpg

15. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Looks right on track for that due date compared to the handful udders in my herd right now!

16. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Awesome thanks!! Saves me from browsing through old pictures to compare to my past girls :)

17. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Yep kind of small though I suspect she may only have a single in there

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  18. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    No girls in heat today though they all seem to have discharge guessing extra semen flushing out? In any case I went ahead and strapped the buck apron on him. I don't want my little bottle baby Why Why bred and packing water and hay to 2 pens is a pain. He isn't impressed he's wondering around the pen hollering lol

Attached Files:

19. MadHouse

He’s saying What’s this now? The fun has only just begun!