Bison View Farm 2021

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by bisonviewfarm, Oct 7, 2020.

1. bisonviewfarm

bisonviewfarm Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    He worked himself of out of a job

2. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Man...you talk about stoppin all the fun! You bully you:heehee:! He was just getting started..:oohlala:.. .

3. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    So mean of me Id happily buy him some more does to have fun with but the husband says no way lol

4. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Hes working on making you more doelings. ..bucklings...he just needs more practise. (rofl)(rofl):shrug:(rofl)(rofl)

5. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Not sure the girls want to help him practice any more. He checks them constantly just in case but no takers. I thought he was going to try my wether this morning he wouldn't have been impressed(rofl)

6. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Well the aprons back off Daisy is in love. I walked into find her walking circles around him flagging her tail this morning. Jasper's smelly arrival seems to have thrown the girls into some false heats as I'm pretty positive she was in heat 8 days ago.
    IMG_20210120_073901362_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

7. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    It's been an odd breeding season for sure! I have read about people talk about these 5 or 7 day heats after breeding but hadn't experience that in my own herd until this year.

8. Coffee&Chickens

Coffee&Chickens Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2021
    Central Illinois
    This happened with one of my girls. She had a 5 or 7 day heat, but I'm pretty sure she took after that because she hasn't been back in heat since.

9. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    I had it last breeding season when I borrowed my neighbors buck to teach my little guys a lesson. Almost everyone took on the second heat which was good then I was sure the baby's weren't half nigerian lol

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  10. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    It may be odd but I'm insanely excited that Jack's got more of an attitude starting no more letting the girls push him around and I caught him sniffing the does and doing a lip curl today! He hasn't done anything bucky since the fall. Maybe something is finally fixing the problem or his smelly competition is helping him?
    IMG_20210109_162531590.jpg

11. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

That’s good news!
    The things we goat farmers get excited about!!

12. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    My husband & kids think Im crazy so I had to share here lol

13. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Thats ok...We All here on TGS..are crazy like that too! :dazed:..Your in GREAT COMPANY! :haha::clapping:(dance):funnytech:

14. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Well I'm glad you guys are my husband thinks I'm crazy when I text him with goat news lol. And the big news Scampi seems to coming into heat Jasper was chasing her then Jack tried to mount her!!!! (dance) The two of them are hanging out in a kidding stall and I'm trying to figure out what I can sell to buy some more does just for him (rofl)

15. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Ok...now all these kidds coming are from your new buck...right? So when they are born.and get old enough.they can be bred to the 1st buck. The 1st buck will be ready.then. So you could keep both bucks and alternate the does..you wont need to buy.more does...just wait.
    Keeps hubby happy...less $$$ and you can keep more goats!!!:heehee::clever:

GoofyGoat and MadHouse like this.
  16. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    I could but I have horrible luck I'd feel a million times better if he had a few batches of kids on the way. And I may have already been debating the breeder most of my girls came from has 4 yearling half sisters to Jasper for sale that I'd really love to own. He doesn't mind doe purchases as long as I don't ask him to pay:heehee:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    GoofyGoat and Moers kiko boars like this.
  17. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Well it looks like I may be dna testing kids if Scampi produces anything nice.Jack didn't like being in the stall out with competition he's a breeding blubbering machine. Seriously he even tried to breed Jasper (rofl) . I really suspect he was afraid Esther still trying to run him off.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  18. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Goats just love competition...lol lol