The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boys are 5 months old and I'm having trouble with them biting me. I was told because they are bottle babies they may do that but should grow out of it. Well they are still biting. I have tried pinching them when they bite but one of them throws his hackles up and acts like he's going to butt me. I will catch him and tell him no but he just looks at me. Any advice on what to try to stop it besides beating him? Lol

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Atleast yours doesn't jump like a dog! My doeling always jumps on me when my back is to her. I just walk away and totally ignore her. It's helped a little but we are working on it!

Sent from my iPhone using GoatSpot

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
You wanna get some respect, slap their noses. Not a devastating slap, as their noses is tender. After a few times you will know how hard is hard enough. They may look at you like you just broke their hearts and may even walk away. Steel your heart as they will forget that soon enough and try to be a jerk again. It should only take a half dozen slaps and they will get the hint. Goats are very smart and learn quickly. Most important is you never ever let a buck / wether rear up without serious repercussions. Allowing them to do it lets them think they are the boss and turns into a major problem when they are older.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I try whipping them like they were a puppy but that just makes them mad. I don't like slapping anything in the face. But i guess i need to before he gets to much bigger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts