The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Milked Binky this morning and just got it strained and as I was straining the other bucket..Tilly and Bootsie...I noticed that Binky's milk had a few solid pieces in the filter...her udder is not hot, milks easily and theres no blood. Why is it "flaky"? Has the same sweet, smooth flavor and texture as always.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
If she does not have a fever ot the utter is not hot and hard There is no need to treat for Mastitis.
I had a doe do that, and as I milked her out it was like a long piece of spaghetti was in there. I milked her out and it seemed to go on forever. I took her to a vet and he did a California Mastitis test and she was fine.
He said it was just a clogged duck, and to keep milking her out until it all came out. I did that for over a week, until it was all gone.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm getting ready to go up and milk now, I really don't like to treat for something if they don't need it. Her udder isn't hot or hard, just your normal full udder. The flakes looked alot like the milk residue you get on a jug cap, I will take her temp though I feel it would be decieving as it is 75* here and she is a black goat...I' ll check her temp later....if this won't clear up would I treat her with penicillian if she starts to show symptoms?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts