bittersweet news

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Thanatos, May 4, 2009.

1. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Well my wife and I just went to Pa to look at the house we are buyin. The haous was GREAT so was the land. The not great news is my realtor dropped the ball and forgot that we had 4 goats and planned to breed. There was a deed restriction on the prop stating no livestock, well she and the seller went and I thought got it lifted, nope they got it ammended to allow us 2 goats and NO,0, none, chickens(told her we had em from get go). Now we arent gonna give anyone up just gonna teach two of the goats to bark and hide the chickens till winter when we will get the prop rezoned back to farming. The really bad news is I was buyin Bob's little ND bucklings Sonny and Billy. Now I cant have em. :( I wish I could but with the chickens and extra goats I feel like I am pushing very close to the limit. No one had any issues they just wanted to ensure we kept the goats in our yard and not stinky(they have no knowledge about these guys). so we figure we can skate on the girls and the chicks(they are quiet and can be hidden next to the house). I feel horrible for Bob and the boys. I paid him and told him to keep the money, but now he is stuck with em and unless I get them for freezer pets(they are to pretty for that in my wife and kids opinions). Any thoughts? Have I made a huge fopah with Bob or do yall think this will be OK? I dont wanna offend or overly upset anyone. I feel aweful about this.

The state and property were incredable tho.

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am sorry, That is crazy. Are you out in the country or closer to the city? Talk about party poopers, but I do know that where I ma in the country the only real covenants is no chickens. People still have them, but the reason is they attract the Coyotes and the Wolfs. I do see that but then again I do not. My goats could attract them just as easy. Most people that want them still have them but they do not go free, they are all in a big chicken coop.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    how soon can you get the deed restriction lifted? my friends bought a house in VA back in 1997 and it had 13 years left on the deed restriction so there was no way for them to bring their chickens with them.

If it is simple to get it lifted then maybe Bob would hold the kid/s till you can bring them home. Is a thought.

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    what a bummer! so sorry. hope you can get it lifted!

5. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    The neighbors seem fine. In fact only 1 is a full time resident the rest are snowbirds, but the problem is that they got the deed ammended for 2 not 4-6. and since we are so close to the end and the seller is using a relocation company we cant try to change more stuff. Th realtor realized she messed up on us and will help get the place rezoned to farming, it was farming originally, but the developer changed it. but she said to wait till winter when the neighbors are gone so they cant complain, I just dont want Bob to keep holdin them on the chance I can get this all done in a reasonable time frame :( I REALLY liked Billie to :( , but we need the house first. I couldnt even see my neighbors houses due to the fact that they are 2-3 acres away and separated by tree lines.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow....that wasn't nice of the Realtor to do.....knowing of your situation up front....It sounds like the house is something... that you really... have your heart set on.....to bad.... you couldn't shop around for something ....that you can have as many animals as you want......and have a perfet home ..... :hug: good luck...

7. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    The home is amazing, but due to a combination of unchangeable factors we had exactally 2 yes 2 homes to choose from and the other one we never could get a clear idea of wether we could have the animals or not. so this is the house, fortunately its great and I cant wait to get there. Just upset that the miscomuication occured and we are gonna miss-out on the boys. I cant use them as pets or I would ask bob to wether em and then teach them to bark to :) .

We will get the zoning changed and then the deed restrictions wont matter, but that will take a bit.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    sounds like a dream........ :love:
    :ROFL:

that is a perfect deal then.....

9. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    So the house you are buying is on acreage? That seems really silly if it is on acres, that you cannot do what you want with it. . . sounds like it will work out though, hopefully Bob can hold them for you!

10. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Sounds like the faux pas was on the realtor's end not yours. I would be livid. Are you sure that they are going to be able to reverse the zoning?

Maybe you can find someone to board the bucks until you are able to take them?

11. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    I was and am livid, but we signed an agreement of exclusivity with her and its too late to change realtors anyway. as to the zoning it was originally farm and the area around it is farming so I dont see a problem especially when we are gonna buy the 2.17 acres next to the house as well in about a year. Just bad timing on all this.

12. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    You may not think PA is so great when you get a load of our taxes! And, they are getting ready to "unload" on us again.

Hope you can get the farm zoning you want...these realtors are something else. What part of the state are you heading to? I'm pretty sure Bob can sell those boys...I'm fairly new at this too, and I've never had a problem.

Anyway, Welcome to PA!

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    the nice thing about bucks...they are a dime a dozen with so many breeders trying to get rid of nice bucks every year. There are many nigerian dwarf breeders in this area so you wont have trouble finding one when you are able to own one.

14. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

What part of PA are you moving to?
    Im from Lancaster PA- taxes dont compare to MA though Di!
    I miss it a lot there actually, I didnt think I would!

Best of luck trying to get the zoning change and hope it all works out for you, sounds like such a hassle!

15. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    We are movin to Lake ariel. Its in wayne county, south camden. about 15-20 min east and a bit south of Scranton

16. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Yeh, but he's coming from AZ., loved the west, never once thought about taxes being too high! OMG, it's going to be cold up there! You'll need a new set of "warm fuzzies"!