The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
Joined
·
5,018 Posts
Probably. Most, if not all, things that are poisonous to humans are also poisonous to goats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,787 Posts
Okay what about poison ivy, I read a post somewhere can't remember if it was here or not, where someone was wanting some goats to clear out poison ivy. I would be afraid to let my goats eat poison ivy. Can they eat it? I would be afraid it would blister their mouths. Well and insides for that matter.
 

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
Joined
·
5,018 Posts
Yep, goats LOVE poison ivy and are great for clearing it out. But yes...I've gotten poison ivy from petting my goats before. :) Some people claim that drinking milk from a goat that has eaten poison ivy, will make you less allergic to it. I have seen some possible evidence of this, but nothing conclusive.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top