The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and my question is:-

I am searching for Black Bengal Goat in the United States if any exist here to start breeding purpose. It is said by many Goat lover that the meat of Black Bengal Goat is number 1. in terms of quality and taste. They are originally from a country near India call Bangladesh. I love Goat meat and I have tried most of the Goats and most certainly found the Black Bengal Goat is indeed superior to any other goat breed. They are very small like a 6 month weather weight between 30 to 40 pound maximum. Some Greek restaurant pays close to $20 per pound x 20 = $400 for a baby Goat during Easter for whole Goat roasting of 20 lbs. maximum weight. Nothing comes closer to this Goat. They look like black Nigerian Goats but they are not Black Bengal Goat. One of the institution offered me frozen seamen but where do I find few pure Black Bengal DOES? Help.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
There are no Black Bengals in the USA. Any breeder that claims they have bucks or does here is a scam. You would have to use semen on the breeds currently available in the USA to create F1 crosses.

There are also limited countries that goat semen can be imported from so make sure you check with the USDA before purchasing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You could start a breeding up program where you use a doe that is similar, maybe Nigerian or Kinder and use the Black Bengal buck semen. Then breed the crossed does back to purebred black bengal etc to make a higher & higher percentage black bengal

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I have never heard of black bengals! I went and googled them and they look fascinating. But unfortunately there aren’t any here. I ran into the same problem went trying to find Kalahari Reds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts