Black/blue tongue?? what does this mean??

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by bree00, Jul 22, 2010.

1. bree00

bree00 New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    South Carolina
    We have a 2 day old baby goat thats almost all black and has black coloring on the tip of her tongue only...Does anyone know if this is normal or weird?? shes doing good..so..

2. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    My favorite doe, Hope, has a black tongue, but there's some pink on the underside. I imagine it's normal

3. boeredinoh

boeredinoh New Member

Sep 3, 2009
    In dogs that usually just means they are a mixed breed, same for pureblood Boer goats. they have a dark pigment under their tail, when they are a percentage, there are usually spots of lighter color also. I have found this to be true about tongues too. Nothing to worry about... just a beauty mark :)

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My white doe Angel has a pink tongue with black spots...and every other place that has skin showing is spotted, under her tail, her eyelids, nose and lips, I think your baby is fine, thats just how she's made.

5. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009

awwwwwww that is sweet

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Yep...I agree.... it is normal.... :wink: :thumb:

7. bree00

bree00 New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    South Carolina
    she is dark pigmented on her lips and tail also. She only has Two spots of white. One on the top of her head and a spot on her belly. I really like how unusual she is.

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She may change color as she gets older, the bi-colored tongue just adds to her uniqueness.

9. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Both of my sheep have black tongues. They love to show you when you are late feeding. :p I think if Baa Baa opened his mouth any wider, his head would disappear. (he is very loud and tries to out yell my Nubian which is saying a lot)

Gina

10. goinggoaty

goinggoaty New Member

May 19, 2010
    Edgewood, New Mexico
    My little ND wether is black with white spots amd his tongue is comepletly black on top but pink underneath and his gums are black and pink mottled it's cute....

Gina- LOL, Out yelling a Nubian WOW he's got courage for sure that's a mighty task...