The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! In preparing a mix for my doe while she’s milking, I’m curious about the benefits of sunflower seeds and how i’d make sure that she gets the 2:1 calcium to phosphorus, since from my understanding boss has a lot of phosphorus.

Along with this, I’m wondering what to feed my wether. I don’t want to give him the sunflower seeds if I can’t make sure it’s balanced, but he definitely deserves a treat. I’ve also not seen if wethers need a morning and afternoon meal other than hay, any thoughts? Thanks!

Note- I apologize for all my silly questions that have probably already been answered in previous threads.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Black sunflower seeds are high In fiber and protein, they can also help milk production and increase in butter fat, but it's different for each doe so probably look into it more and get Advice from someone with more experience(this is just what I've heard from other people)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Do BOSS provide selenium? I think I saw that somewhere. If it does, I'll try them. I am having real problems getting selenium blocks since November, no one seems to know why.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts