The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

Premium Member
What a gorgeous doe! You must be thrilled馃榿
The first babies are so exciting and scary at the same time, it exhilarating.
I love her long ears and sweet face.
Best of luck, you鈥檝e got this!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
For those who are not familiar with the Black bedouin breed, i found an old study about this breed compared to Saanen breed, here's a part of it.
Font Circle Number Symmetry Document

While reading this study i found out that Black bedouin was used especially in the desert area, the breed can stay longer periods without water compared to other breeds and still give good amount of milk.

Registered
I agree she's beautiful and will be interested to see what you get from this cross. If you can search online there are several YouTube videos that show and talk about ligaments and early labor. You really won't be able to really find them until she starts to adjust for birthing. If you put your your thumb and your first finger on each side of her spine at the top of her butt and start going down towards your tail at not quite halfway you should be able to feel a pencil like ligament that goes out at an angle of about 45掳 give or take from the spine. That's the ligament you're looking for. As she approaches kidding most goats there are always exceptions but in my herd I have one exception. Anyway most of them that area will start to soften up that you'll see the big dips and the hollowing out as the pelvic area loosens and you'll be able to notice those ligaments more and more and then as she gets close to kidding they'll start to thin out and disappear. When you can't really feel them you're usually within 24 hours of kidding.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I agree she's beautiful and will be interested to see what you get from this cross. If you can search online there are several YouTube videos that show and talk about ligaments and early labor. You really won't be able to really find them until she starts to adjust for birthing. If you put your your thumb and your first finger on each side of her spine at the top of her butt and start going down towards your tail at not quite halfway you should be able to feel a pencil like ligament that goes out at an angle of about 45掳 give or take from the spine. That's the ligament you're looking for. As she approaches kidding most goats there are always exceptions but in my herd I have one exception. Anyway most of them that area will start to soften up that you'll see the big dips and the hollowing out as the pelvic area loosens and you'll be able to notice those ligaments more and more and then as she gets close to kidding they'll start to thin out and disappear. When you can't really feel them you're usually within 24 hours of kidding.
thanks for the goat!
i watched over 10 videos and read alot of posts and i think i found the ligaments(i had a problem finding it because of thick fur), i will be more sure when i starts to loosens :D

Registered
Well I went to look for a link before I saw your reply. Yeah you're probably still too far away.

You may have to just copy and paste it sometimes the links to YouTube don't work well

Registered
It's just a how to check for ligaments by wholesome roots. You said you've already checked a couple though and like you said as it gets closer and she loosens up you should be able to find them and then not.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hello
i'm noticing something weird with Black, sometimes when she pees i see a small black organism that comes out with the pee and hangs on her vulva and sometimes she just pees normally. It started 2 weeks ago

21 - 40 of 40 Posts