The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blanca is progressing nicely! (she has such a droopy udder it is hard to tell sometimes on how it is progressing!)

36 hours ago, her ligaments were completely there but soft - no real change in udder.

12 hours ago - ligaments soft, 1/2 way gone, udder little bigger, standoffish but still eating.

2 hours ago - ligaments are practically unfeel able. Able to wrap fingers all the way around tail bone and still extra room. Very noticably sunken in the back end. Udder is bigger then this morning - not totally full but definately filling nicely (have a sneaking suspicion she is going to have a gorgeous udder). picking at food. LITTLE discharge (cleaned her up so I could check better for dischange in a bit). Definately does NOT want to be touched.

Come on Babies! This is my second registered doe - and my FIRST hoefully Blue eyed babies! She had triplets last time - so we will see what this time brings!

I don't want to be to picky - but it would be nice for 1 BE buck (I know no one ever says that :slapfloor: ) and maybe even a BE doe for me :)

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Blanca is next to kid! Day 149

10:45 = finally found her in amongst the trees about 1 1/2 acres down the pen. Was looking everywhere almost in panic.

I took her to the birthing stall. Very VERY lovey now, talking real soft, finally layed down at my feet and is rolling on her side periodically and doing a weird lip thing. Still no goo, bag not even 1/2 full.

Going back out - hubby is ticked at me for going back to the barn.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Blanca is next to kid! Day 149

well I am going to go to sleep for 2 hours. I will probobly miss it, but she is not a first timer - so I feel a little better about taking a nap. This is the 2nd night this week for kidding - I am beat!

Whe is not laying much but you can tell she is pushing a bit. It was weird I was making sure on her ligs and tail head, and when she bleeted a little, I swear I could feel a kid under my hand. Ick!

Anyway - will update in 2 hours.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Oh Now. Praying for you and her.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts