Bleeding Scur

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by TinyHoovesRanch, Feb 23, 2011.

1. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

My bucks have been playing pretty rough lately, and a few nights ago, Couragous knocked off his scur, and it was bleeding alot, it stopped after I went and looked, theres dried up blood on the right side of his face, it seems to be ok now. But they are still playing and fighting with eachother.

Anything I can do? :shrug:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    get some blood stop powerder incase it opens up and bleeds again. the new area is probably making him want to stake his claim as the high ranking buck

3. TinyHoovesRanch

Thats true! Thanks, im going to the feed store today, I will pick some up.

Normally hes super calm, hes older than Jasper, but he doesnt really care about anything, very laid back boy. Jasper, on the other hand, is the one that started it. I was feeding and he got really mad and started challenging Couragous, hopefully it doesnt happen again, but both of them seemed fine, just really excited.

Should I clean it with anything?

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if there is dry blood on his face you can clean that off but the wound itself will be fine - the blood actually helps to cleanse the wound.

5. TinyHoovesRanch

Oh wow, ok thanks for letting me know!

There is some on his face, I will see about cleaning it off, I need help though, hes STRONG!