The Goat Spot Forum banner

Blessing Kidded!!!!! Pictures added pg3

2K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  goathappy 
#1 ·
This is Blessing, I've really been slack keeping a check on her and Sarah. They're both due soon. Blessing is due June 14th so next Saturday. She has been uddering in for a while now. She is bred to Cruiser so polled and/or moonspots are possible. I need one buckling to be born but the rest I hope are does!!! I want to keep another Cruiser daughter, Gwen is my only Cruiser baby right now and she's a gem!

Blessing was born here in July 2006, this is her second kidding and she is a BABY! She still thinks she'll fit in my lap and she's HUGE! Haha!!!

What do you think she'll have? She had a single doe last time but didn't even show then.

She's a total sweetheart, hope she kids easily with polka-dotted kids!!! I think they'll all be buckskin too.

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: Blessing day 141

That would be cool! I've been assuming twins too, of course I agree and so does my DH that triplets could be possible too. I do hope there's some moonspots in there! A buckling and some doelings! :D

She kidded on her due date last time, but her dam did that too. Kidded on her due date and then kidded on day 145 so anythings possible. She'll be one to watch! Right now her ligaments are hard. So I don't think it'll be till at least Monday or later.

#5 ·

I remember when she was born!! My goodness...I say twins also but she is wide enough for triplets...and just so you get your buckling...I'LL WISH :boy: :boy: :girl: ...because then you'll have 2 to choose from! :slapfloor:

#6 ·

I don't plan to retain one, just need to verify something with her. So I need her to have a buckling. Its really a must. Doelings if she proves to have a buckling would be great. I'll keep one most likely.

Yes it seems like it was just yesterday and I was reporting Rose's photos as she progressed. I can't wait to see what she has this time and how her udder looks. Last time she kidded was in the winter and she was a fuzz ball so I couldn't tell much on the udder. We'll see soon!

#9 ·

Sweet Gum Minis said:
I don't plan to retain one, just need to verify something with her. So I need her to have a buckling. Its really a must. Doelings if she proves to have a buckling would be great. I'll keep one most likely. {quote]

Go Blessing! Is this because of Rose's complications with bucklings? She should have some gorgeous kids!

#10 ·

Yes, she's Rose's first daughter and if she has the same condition Rose had she and all her kids will be petted out unregistered. But if she is fine, then I'll keep a daughter and just wether Blessing's boys.

#12 ·
Re: Blessing day 146, ligaments gone!!!

Blessing's ligaments were gone this morning. My internet is down so I won't be posting much. Wish us luck! I'll try to post tomorrow if she does kid later today or tonight. :D

#18 ·
Re: Blessing day 146, ligaments gone!!!

I stalled Blessing yesterday afternoon when I saw her possibly having contractions. After being stalled I did see contractions. At 2:20pm she started pushing so I got a Dr. Pepper and headed down to the barn. I wasn't in a hurry since she wasn't yelling, but I didn't waste time either. By the time I got down there she'd already had a kid!!! A :girl: and she was still in the bag so I got into maximum overdrive and got her slung, cleaned and snot sucker to clean her airway. She is black and white. Mostly white really with roaning and spots all over. I can't tell if she's moonspotted or not. She does look polled, just like Blaze did.

She took a nice long break and barely moaned when she kidded the next kid. A nearly all black :boy: who has white spots all over. He's also covered in moonspots! Beautiful! His whole snout is white with a black spot between his nostrils. Haha

Wasn't sure if this was it or if there was another and she answered that quickly! Out popped another bag and another black kid! What is it with all the black? I thought she was homozygous buckskin! Haha she proved me wrong! This one is a :girl: ! She too has white spots and moonspots! Not as many as her brother, but they're there! Beautiful babies!

So triplets :girl: :boy: :girl: I am thrilled with the results. They're stunning babies. Pictures soon!!! Can't be positive whether they're polled or not, but they look like they are. But I'd hoped Plenty's were and thought they were too at birth yet they're both horned. Go figure. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.