blood in pee

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Coraxfeather, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Faith has had some blood in her pee. She is not acting different or anything. She is normal. Eatting fine. tem is fine. Should I be concerned or what it could be.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Does she seem to be in pain while urinating ..distracted?

Are you sure.. it is in her urine or is it coming from her vulva...and as she pee's it is rinsing it?

Also... if you are giving some vitamins... it can change urine color as well....

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Is she drinking lots of water? If you are giving her bottles of water stop and you will see the blood in the pee stop as well

4. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    I give her some watere bottles yesturday. More then normal. i am bottle breaking her and Coop.

5. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    yep Stacey is right on the money there. :) Don't give water from a bottle...keep a bowl of water where she is and she will drink when she is thirsty. :)

6. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    water from bottles make for red pee?? You mean re used plastic bottles??
    I'll have to rmemeber this I milked colostrum into plastic water bottle.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Anne remove the water bottles from her diet -- she doesnt need all that water and its obviously messing with her system.

nancy - no its not the plastic but the extra water. Since she is a bottle baby which I knew I was figuring ann was giving her more water then her system could handle and therefore caused her to pee blood. I dont know WHY it does this but its been a proven fact and a couple vets have told me such. I would like to know why one day but for now I know "to much water means they can pee blood"

8. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    thanks Stacey! I've never heard of bottle babies getting water either unless they are a few months old.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Wow... you learn something new every day.... :hi5: :thumb: