The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you guys think? Think Athena and Harmony are pregnant based on their results?
These girls would only be around 33-34 days post breeding, and probably should have waited until next week to get them tested but guess I got impatient! We were told to retest in 2 weeks. I am thinking with their levels being right near 1.000 that they are just not showing strong levels like the other 2 that are confirmed pregnant.
We don't do a lot of blood testing, but have had 1-2 in the past years that were also 'possibly' pregnant, and so far everything we've tested ended up being pregnant.
The question I meant to ask the lab was, what are common levels for early pregnancy? Anything over 1.000, or are they usually higher?

I also thought I would share a video of my husband drawing blood on my baby, Mindy (who is pregnant). He has to pull blood randomly at work (horses) and it's done the same way. I admit, this is something I have not done, but figure since the hubby knows what he is doing... it can be 'his' thing to do with the goats lol.

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you call them tomorrow and ask?
I thought about emailing the lab tech and asking her, but if I don't I will just ask when we take samples again in 2 weeks for these 2 girls. The lab is about 20 minutes away (Livestock Diagnostics lab). I really love using them. Tests are $3.00 each with a one time $10 processing fee on each transaction. So it only cost $22 for the 4 tests. No hassle with packaging and shipping. They test on Wed mornings, and have results emailed before the end of the day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts