Bloodish Urine-Don't know who

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by bbredmom, Dec 17, 2008.

1. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    We had our first snow Monday, and the goats were out in it all day Tuesday, running the whole property.

I went to put them up in the afternoon, and noticed multiple spots where someone has peed, and it was a light copper color. I dont know which goat, and I dont know if its blood in their urine or just dark urine.

I checked everyone's temp, all normal. I pocked bellies, and messed with the boys bits (gross, I know), and no one seemed in pain or bothered.

On top of this, the dogs were also out, but they usually pee in the grass. This was in the driveway where it was most noticable.

What can I do? I have a buck, a wether, and two does, one of which is definitely preggers, and the other is possibly.

Thanks guys!

2. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    on the snow, the urine turns sort of dark. . . . .rusty colored. I think it's normal. :shrug:

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    They do not seem to drink as much water in the winter because it is cold. Offer them some warm water and I bet it will be just fine.

4. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    I did give them warm water and hot oatmeal mash last night and this morning. A) because it was cold and B) we were iced in a completely out of goat feed. I was going to get some after work monday, but barely made it home. So, they've been living high on the hog the last few days.