bloody discharge

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by AlaskaBoers, Nov 1, 2009.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    one thing after another.

Patoink (I didnt name her, I swear) was bred on 9-11-09, and due 2-3-10 is acting totally normal...but has light blood colored stuff (not gooey, and not blood) on her back side..there isnt a stream of discharge, just whats on the tip of her tail and under her vulva. :worried: about this.

she's FB boer, yearling who kidded last Feb with twin boys. i'm really hoping she didnt abort...i looked around their pen but didnt see anything unusual. but if she did abort, the kids would be too small to see anyway right? :sigh: i'm guessing she was hit as I introduced two new does into the group on monday..

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If she did abort....yes... the babies... will be real small.....to see...
    she will come back into season... if she did abort.....so watch for signs.....

Have you checked ....to see.. if maybe she has a cut.....around her backside and tail area?

Also ...watch for maybe an infection....you will smell.. a foul odor... from her back side area....

I Pray... she hasn't aborted.....some of those mean does ...do hit awfully hard ... :pray: :hug:

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh..didnt check for a cut..hopeful thinking at least ..I'll check.

I didnt check anything when I looked this morning...my nose was frozen I think!

:hug: thanks pam. (happy b-day again, hope it was good) :gift:

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome Katrina.. :greengrin: ..my birthday was a nice one...thanks for asking.... :thumbup:

Sounds like.... it is cold there?

I pray.... you find a small... shallow cut..... :hug: :pray:
    Let us know?

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    well...no cut, I saw her pee and out came blood. :sigh: she aborted. *huge sigh* I'll keep sn eye on her, I'm guessing she'll miss this kidding season.

and yeah...about -1F with windchill here, not super cold...but its chilly.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you cant rebreed her? Since she aborted that early on in pregnancy you can breed her back on her next heat.

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    she was only 1 month preg. So it's safe to go ahead a rebreed? I just thought It would be a stressful thing, I gave her some nutri drench..she liked it :thumb:

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yup she will be fine

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh no...I am sorry she aborted.... :( :sigh:
    Yes ...you can re-breed her... I would maybe skip... a heat cycle and see if she is acting OK....
    and no infection has started from aborting..... Good luck.... :hug:

-1F is really cold to me....LOL ...it's warmer in our fridge .. :D Brrrrrrrrrr

10. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

It might actually be harder on her body to not be rebred. If she is that early in her pregnancy she isnt going to have the motherly instinct of looking for kids going on. Keeping her dry for a year, she is going to gain excess fleshing. Goats do best when bred yearly. You will have later kids especially for boers. But at least mom will be doing what she is suposed to.
    beth

11. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    thanks beth, stacey and pam. :thumb:

shes doing good, and when I see her come into heat I'll rebreed

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh ....your very welcome Katrina ......I am glad she is doing OK.....good luck with re-breeding her... :hug: