Blossom & Minuet kidded TRIPLETS!!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I am on baby watch again. I must say its an excellent distraction from all the heartbreak. Keeps me going and keeps me saine. Both girls are bred to Little Tot's Estate Meadow-Rue and both girls are due 2-28. Minuet's ligaments are nearly gone. They've been dropping daily. She is getting mushier too. Blossom's ligaments have been hard but are softening today, yet still kind of hard. So I think Minuet might go first. Course it wouldn't be the first time one of them tricked me either! Ha!

Here's Blossom, she's a 2nd freshener (Nottie's mom.) She had twins last time, buck/doe and both were coal black. Nottie got the blue-eyes. This time there won't be any blue-eyes nor should there be any black. Rue has given me 7 kids so far and all 7 have been chamoise. :D This is an old pic, taken 2-2...
    [​IMG]

Here's Minuet, she's a first freshener. She carries black and has blue-eyes. I am guessing some gold or chamoise kids and I'm hoping for blue-eyes too. Think pink!
    Really old pic, taken 1-28...
    [​IMG]

What do you think they'll have? I'm getting so excited!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Day 143 for Blossom & Minuet

Twins for both

Be good girls and don't hold out on mama ok?

3. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC

I am thinking lots of PINK :girl: :girl: :girl: (from both girls) & blue eyes(from Minuet) for you!!! Good luck!!! :wink:

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

PINK PINK PINK! And twins for both as well. Good luck!

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Since my kidding season is officially over I'll send some of the pink I've been blessed with down to you Ashley. I think that both your girls will give you some doelings though I think Minuet will give you 1 of each and Blossom twin does! :girl: :girl: :girl: :boy:

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Thanks everyone! I do hope you're right! :D I fed them a little early tonight due to the rain and cold weather. Minuet's ligaments are gone, but she's not mushy yet so she's getting real close. Blossom's ligaments have really dropped, they're super low. Full moon tonight though neither one really looks ready to go that soon.

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

More babies WAHOO!!!!

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I moved the camera today and now I can see them even better. Waiting and watching. Don't know if they're ready yet or will wait. I'll likely walk down later to see how they're doing.

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Contractions???

Its now 7pm and Minuet has been standing in the corner of her stall for a while. Every few minutes she stiffens up some and her tail raises up. Then she'll relax and her tail will fall back down. I'm starting to wonder if she's going to kid sooner than I thought.

10. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

GOOOOO Minuet!!!! Do you have a more recent photo of her udder?

11. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

No I haven't taken any new ones of her udder. I think that was a real contraction. Boy she's not wasting time if she's really in labor. Oh yeah, that's a contraction. I better get prepped to go down.

12. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

FUN FUN FUN!!!! Babies! Best of luck to you and Minuet!

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

She's a ff so I expect some screaming. So far none. She's just standing there laboring. Blossom's snoozing in the stall next to her. Minuet is such a mouth too so I'll be absolutely shocked if she's quiet through this.

14. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

LOL, Peach is definatly a talker too, I think it is because she was a bottle baby..

15. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I can't recall if Minuet was a bottle baby or not. I am pretty sure she wasn't. She was kind of wild when we got her and Rue definitely was and still is wild. Minuet's somewhat friendly now, but not a really big pet type.

16. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

That is weird, bottle babies are usually really in-your-face type of personalities. Peach is extremely friendly!

17. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Well Minuet is an '06 kid so this was before he was pulling everything onto bottle. I'm pretty sure she wasn't. Only bottle babies I have are my 3 buttin'heads girls and Petite and all of them are in your face. You'd think Blessing was. Haha

18. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

Robin is sooo friendly, but I don't think she was bottle raised, all of my does are friendly except Kadabra, but she is getting better every day!

19. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

He does all kids now and I don't blame him. I'd like to get to a point like that too. I don't intend to let Fuchsia raise hers. They didn't fare as well as I'd hoped on her last year so I'll bottle raise her kids. I doubt I'll pull these though.

20. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

I know this is quick, but any progress? I am getting anxious to see the babies!