The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a pic of this coloration? I'm looking to buy a pygmy of this type, but he doesn't have a pic. Of course I wont buy her sight unseen, but an idea of what she looks like would be cool.

All I can find thru google are blue roan horses. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
I know what you are talking about with the color, but please keep in mind that a pure bred pygmy will have some black on it's hooves, face and usually a dorsal stripe...if this little goat doesn't have the dark markings and is not registered, then you likel;y have a nigi/pygmy cross...I have a pic of what the blue roan and white is...my little buck, Teddy, would be considered a roan and white.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, Teddy is beautiful! If she looks anything like that, with those colors, then I want her!

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Thank you!
Teddy's mom is a nigi/pygmy....and his dad is my registered nigi.

I have had previous kids born out of Bootsies daughter Tilly that have had the white belt, but were mainly all agouti..

If you do see this doeling and want to get her...please keep in mind that she is a mini and your "big boy" should never be allowed to breed her.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, squee! They are all so beautiful! Now I really want to go see her...

But I have Boer crosses, and while they aren't massive goats, will they pic on one little goat? Should I get a little pygmy wether to keep her company?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
They would probably do as all goats do with newcomers. Fight and figure out who is on top. I would watch them closely though. We personally do not mix little and big goats, but I know of some who do, with success.

If you can get her a little Pygmy wether, that's a good idea. To keep her company. Can't wait to see her! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts