Blue udders and an Ill doe

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Meepsforkeeps, Jul 12, 2020.

1. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    I use alot of herbs and ess. Oils here. I buy herb blends from Land of havilah. She has a selection of blends for just about every issue.
    Back on Track is great for gut issues
    Herbamins is wonderful when goats are off at any level
    She has a few new blends I have not tried yet..i akso use her parasite formula. If you buy from her..she will consult at no charge and can direct you to a blend or two that can help.

I use DoTerra essential oils which i have found very safe and effective. I use oregano, wild orange, lemon grass, on guard, digeszen and Breath the most but have several for different needs.

Meepsforkeeps likes this.
  2. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    to help her stand..which is important..slip a towel under her (sounds easy right lol) and lift from all 4 corners to help her get up and help her walk a little if needed.

3. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Sounds like your children are huge helpers!!

4. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    This has been going on for many days now. She needs to see a vet at this point.

5. Meepsforkeeps

Meepsforkeeps Member

Jul 12, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    No my children suck. And they have become so uncivilized with our coronacation.:ahh:
    I'm all about oregano! I do oils too.
    I'll look into your herbal suggestion. I was considering Molly's and never pulled the cord. Figured I'd get things done with the chemicals first..which is something I don't normally do.

6. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    I would suggest LOH or Fir meadows over Molly's when you are ready. I have used LOH for 4 years i believe and have been very pleased.

7. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    You can also make smoothies and use plantain in that. Dark greens like kale, kelp, Romain lettuce, variety of squash, carrots, celery, fruits like apple and banana..just what you have on hand. Add a garlic clove or two to give more immune kick. Blend with electrolytes or even dark beer. She may not slurp it up so be prepared with a drenching syringe.

8. Meepsforkeeps

Meepsforkeeps Member

Jul 12, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    I read kale was poisonous to goats. Do you think a smoothie is a better idea..than just straight feeding. I bet I could get her to eat all those..besides plantain lol

happybleats likes this.
  9. Meepsforkeeps

Meepsforkeeps Member

Jul 12, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    That wasnt questioning you. Just a statement. I have kale growing so I'm gonna take it to her.

happybleats likes this.
  10. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    If she will eat them outside a smoothie. Yes..always better. Smoothies are good if they won't eat. Get cakories in them. Kale is fine for goats. In moderation. I feed it with no issues.

toth boer goats likes this.
  11. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas

No..i get it. There is so much conflicting information. With Kale, imo. It is perfectly safe in moderation. It offers many great nutritional benefits. I have read that too much in humans can cause thyroid issues. One article talked that too much in livestock causes anemia I believe. So I would not feed this heavy or as main part of their food. Balance and in moderation offers good stuff without fear of becoming a danger.

toth boer goats likes this.
  12. Meepsforkeeps

Meepsforkeeps Member

Jul 12, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks everyone for your support and advice! Clover passed this afternoon. She was such a special addition to our farm for the short while that she was here! I learned alot, especially thanks to everyone here. Her fecal is still out so I am curious to know the results and may post them. I would have loved to know what it really was.

toth boer goats and happybleats like this.
  13. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
  14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  15. Meepsforkeeps

Meepsforkeeps Member

Jul 12, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks toth! I really do wish I had the clue to what was wrong with her. At the very very end it seemed neurological but maybe that's just death. It was mildly traumatic. I didnt know what to do with myself all day today. Also I am super paranoid about the other 2 now. I should have testing done on them. I'm not totally sure where to start.

toth boer goats and happybleats like this.
  16. Totesmgoats

Totesmgoats Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Longview, WA

happybleats and Meepsforkeeps like this.
  17. Meepsforkeeps

Meepsforkeeps Member

Jul 12, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    Lol! Glad and not glad you can relate! My 3 year old basically destroyed the house all week. But who can blame her...I guess it was good she was amusing herself.

Totesmgoats likes this.
  18. Meepsforkeeps

Meepsforkeeps Member

Jul 12, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    Hi! So the vet called with the fecal results. She said she had a very low amount of worms. She thinks that maybe the damage was done prior to me buying her. We discussed that she was anaemic and transfusions probably would not have been successful by that point. It just seems so odd because she was healthy other than finding that abscess in her knee. Her Famacha was never as low was it was those couple days either.
    If a wormer isnt working..but it's not necessarily worms then what do you do?

Goataddict and happybleats like this.
  19. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    So sorry for your loss. It sounds like you did all you possibly could do.