The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told she is full nubian and could be registered NOA. But the more I look at her and see her size compared to my registered full blooded Nubians. I'm thinking she may have boar in her. Either way I love having her but just wanted to see what others thought.

Sent from my iPhone using GoatSpot

Attachments

·
Alpine Addict!
2,264 Posts
I agree....full Nubian. I'm seeing those huge, long ears that boars just don't have as much of. She would make a good show doe, by the way. :)

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
She is Nubian, no Boer. Beauty though.... Do I like Nubians? No. I LOVE Nubians! Amazing gal, congrats!

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
She looks all Nubian to me too. Nubians are a dual purpose breed and tend to look more "meaty" than the swiss breeds. They are also normally quite large. Average sized does usually weigh 175 lbs and up.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I agree, just a big Nubian girl ;) She is gorgeous. Love those spots.

And she's not nearly as big as our Holstein cow/Nubian cross!! Don't really know what happened when we bred our two lithe Nubians and got her from them. Maybe she ate one her siblings in the womb? (this picture is 30 minutes before she birthed triplets, but excluding the belly, she's always this big) :D

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everybody! I love the way she looks too! At least with her being larger I should def be able to breed her this fall! I can't wait to see what kind of kids she throws! You have all put a little peace to my mind too!

Sent from my iPhone using GoatSpot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts