Boer breeders for show/commercial

Discussion in 'Breeder Listings' started by Jordan8505, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Jordan8505

Jordan8505 New Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Hi all, after asking a little and figuring out what my avenue of interest is i would like to find some great boer breeders.

The closer to central Ky the better but i want a good herd for show(4h and ffa in particular) and to sell for meat, so i am not against going across state lines.

I am no expert, i have read the breed conformation guidelines but its hard to know what that means when some of it you dont know what theyre talking about. So if anyone could help point me to the best breeders i would appreciate it.

I will be learning what to look for, what to cull, etc. along the way. I do a lot better with visual learning so reading what to look for isnt a big help. I am not ready to buy tomorrow, were still getting the land ready but id like to find who to go to when i am ready.

2. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    There are so many great breeders on this site.

If you’re ever heading towards northeastern Ohio, we would be more than happy to give you a tour of our farm and how we do things. We’ve been breeding boer goats since 2013 and have loved our experience. Feel free to message us if have a question or looking for advice. We are also on Facebook.

toth boer goats likes this.

3. Jordan8505

Jordan8505 New Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Will keep that in mind! Do you have a facebook page or website? Id say its a little bit of a drive but would definently love to see any setups, if theres anything available to bring home that would be even better! I would eventually like to have a decent sized herd, but will just start off with a few and willing to spend the money for the best quality.

4. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Yes, we have both a website and a Facebook page. The Facebook page is County Line Acres Boer Goats and is updated regularly. We will be selling several does and bucks this year.

We are always happy to help!

toth boer goats likes this.