The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am looking at getting a 99.9% boer buck as my new herd sire. My question is would I still be able to register the kids since the herd sire needs to be DNA tested? I have not had a buck under 100% but from looking at the ABGa site it looks as if the sire just needs to be 96% and up?
Thank you

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
No kids can be registered now unless sire has been DNA tested. So if you buy him with just a App or his papers then you will need to send in a hair sample for DNA. This is with any buck of any percentage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
No kids can be registered now unless sire has been DNA tested. So if you buy him with just a App or his papers then you will need to send in a hair sample for DNA. This is with any buck of any percentage.
hi, when did that start, do you know? thanks

so, all babies, if you want to register with ABGA, the buck daddy needs to be DNA tested? I'm learning.
thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
hi, when did that start, do you know? thanks

so, all babies, if you want to register with ABGA, the buck daddy needs to be DNA tested? I'm learning.
thank you!!!
DNA testing started in January of 2015. All bucks must be DNA'ed to sire registered kids. This includes unregistered bucks as well. For example, if you breed an ABGA 100% doe to a Spanish buck, in order to have ABGA 50% kids, you must DNA the buck even though he isn't registered nor a boer goat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts