The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thats a current pic of him? He seems a little short bodied but i love that thick look to him. Hos rump is also a little steep but can easily be improved with offspring if bred to the right doe.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats a current pic of him? He seems a little short bodied but i love that thick look to him. Hos rump is also a little steep but can easily be improved with offspring if bred to the right doe.
I agree. I'd always be breeding him to a long doe to get some length. His thickness looks amazing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Overall I think he's nice- little steep in the rump, a little short-bodied, but he has nice depth and nice width through the chest. He's got the color everyone loves too!

I'd take a look at the does he's been bred to and the kids those breedings have produced and see if he's passing on the traits you're looking for. I'd also want to find out what they're feeding him and see how compatible that's going to be with your ration. He looks like hasn't missed too many trips to the feed trough! :)

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I guess he is a little steep-rumped, but I though it didn't matter that much in a market animal? Personally, I like to see ideally rounded rumps rather than the immaculately straight dairy-like toplines.

Bred to the right doe, I still think he would do well. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts