The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a boer doeling and buckling about a month ago and i wanted to know what to expect. Im new to boers and would like to see pictures of good quality bucks. Mine is Snickers and he is getting back into shape since the people we got them off of had them badly starved. The year old does looked like dairies. He is 3 months.

Dog Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Carnivore Whiskers

Attachments

·
14,464 Posts
Welcome to Boers!:D It's not easy getting a good shot but can we get a full bodied one?
My buck Darlin is pictured here on the left.
He is 18mos. He has strong topline but hasnt developed his butt yet.

·
Administrator
84,651 Posts
Get some better pics of the little guy, so we can tell you more about him. The pic you have makes it hard to evaluate him.
We would need a side, rear and front shot. Make sure, you step back a ways, so his head doesn't look really big in the pics.
Also squat down level with the goat, to get a good pic, but not to close or to far away.

If you want to see my bucks, look on my website below or look at my AVAtar. ;)

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,457 Posts
This is our yearling buck (paint) and 3 year old buck. Both are fullblood Boers. :)

Snickers is cute! :) Looking forward to seeing another picture of him.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First is my boer buckling. Age is 3 months

Plant Carnivore Grass Fawn Goat

Plant Dog Shorts Dog breed Carnivore

Vertebrate Plant Sunglasses Mammal Cat

Next is my show doe

Glasses Dog Carnivore Grass Dog breed

Plant Dog People in nature Dog breed Happy

Dog Plant Vertebrate Dog breed Sunglasses

They both came from people who badly starved them. I hope they have good potential!

Attachments

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,457 Posts
Cute goats! They may have potential with lots, and lots of feed. They are very small for their ages and you're right, they are very thin.

If you can give them a high fat/protein grain that would do them lots of good. A high quality hay like alfalfa or orchard grass would help them gain weight too.

If they are not already, you may want to gradually work them on to free fed grain. They have a better chance of catching up size wise that way IMO. :)

·
Boers & Nubians
1,912 Posts
Cute! Toth and Crossroads are right ;) I would also deworm him, because you never know what could be in his system that may stunt his growth futher.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts