The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 7 year old Boer doe who can't seem to get well. She continues to get diarrhea. I have given her several different wormers.. ivermectin, safe guard & another one my vet gave me (forgot the name). I've also given her iron & I've sprayed her to stop the bugs. She looks so run down. I just don't know what to do anymore to help her. I'm scared I'm going to lose her. What do you think could be wrong? What do I need to give her? She is the only one in our herd that is like this, we have a doe that is 12 years old that is healthier than she is.

·
Super Moderator
59,808 Posts
Have fecals been done? Have you sent one in to a state lab or somewhere that would do more extensive testing than a quick fecal float?

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
I agree, if you can send her fecal in to a state lab, I would also have her fecal tested for Johnes. For now, start with giving her probios, it will fill her tummy with good bacteria. You can also give her pepto, which would soothe the tummy.

·
Registered
31,519 Posts
I agree a deeper fecal is needed..are they on graze or dry lot? what feed and hay is fed? minerals? sounds like rumen upset ..

I might put her by herselve with free choice alfalfa hay...no feed...or coastal hay and alfalfa pellets..loose minerals..and C D Antitoxin...B complex and Thiamine..as a support...Grain can be hard to digest and since her rumen is already in a fix the feed isnt helping and she is not digesting it well any way...so she will loose weight..Pepeto for a few days to help coat her tummy and dry her up..this is of course support therapy until you can see wht the fecal says...
if she is lonely a pen buddy would be good..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts