Boer doeling update

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by billmac, Dec 31, 2010.

1. billmac

billmac Member

Sep 8, 2008
    I've posted a few times regarding our little boer doeling. The vet came back out to see her a few days ago. She is losing flesh, and seems to be in pain, lifting her left hind leg a little periodically.

He said her heart rate was a little elevated, but that her lungs and rumen sounded good. He gave her two stronger antibiotics, two dewormers, and Vit E and Selenium.

For the last few days she seems to be eating better, but is still lifting her leg. Her temp this morning was 102.8. A fecal sample I sent in the day the vet came was negative for worms. Her stool seems fine and she is urinating fine. I'm giving her a few squirts if nutri-drench when I feed her each day.

That's all we know for now. No idea what is wrong or whether she is getting better.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Has she been tested for cocci?

3. billmac

billmac Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Cocci would show up in the fecal test wouldn't it? I asked the vet and he said it wasn't cocci. He said the stool would be loose.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If you don't ask the vet to test for it... they usually won't.... alot of times you have to ask...... believe it or not .... cocci doesn't always show scouring..... it can just show wasting away..... no matter how you feed.... :hug: