The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just started washing and clipping our 2013 kids that we will be selling. We have our first 3 done and listed on our site now. Hopefully more will be added tomorrow and the next few days after that.

We just had a very a good showing at the Indiana State Fair with kids sired by the same bucks as those that are listed. I have them all priced to sell because I have already started breeding for next year and I just don't have the room. If you have any questions feel free to call or text me. Prices and more info on them are on my website. I also have more details about the State Fair and previous winnings with my animals.

I will also get pictures of the animals I took to State and hopefully have them up tomorrow. Most of the ones I showed aren't really on the for sale list at this point but ultimately everything on the farm is always for sale.

www.sandyridgeboers.com

Here are a few pics of the kids for sale

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Added some more does

I got a few more clipped and hooves trimmed etc. New pics and info are up on the site. All these does are up to date on shots and worming etc and as seen in the pics are very healthy goats ready to get in the ring or grow a little more and start producing babies for you. They are priced to sell because the farm is over capacity and with my younger brother heading off to college in a week I need to lighten the load. Take advantage of this and give these girls a good home. The first three pics are does that are listed for sale and the 4th is a % doe that just placed 3rd of 27 in the 3-6 class at the Indiana State fair. Just making the cut in Indiana is an accomplishment with so many breeders that compete highly at Nationals every year. All animals listed are already papered and will come with them at the time of pick up.

Once again the site is www.sandyridgeboers.com

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. It has taken a lot of years of culling the misfits and finding the right bucks to move forward to get where we are. Every year we have gotten a little better but our Buffalo Bill kids have taken a huge step for us this year. We bought our dappled buck Asteroid hoping to make color from traditional lines and of course to breed to the few paints we had. He dappled about 50% of his kids and when bred to color threw dapples/spots/solids. All off his daughters are now carrying that color although some are more traditional colored. One thing they are compared to so many paints/dappled goats you see though is they are thick with lots of muscle and style. And very competitive showing against traditionals here in Indiana.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gorgeous! I need to weed out some bucks n bucklings but am in need of 1 or 2 does. hmmmmmm
Feel free to give me a call and come on over to look at them sometime. I do have videos on most of them and will try to get them up on my site by this weekend. With my brother off to college I finally am realizing just how much he helped me when he was here.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We actually do have a few does that are dehorned. Our fair has been slow to change and allow horns so we have to dehorn ones that we want to show there. There is hope that we are getting the rule changed by next year so we won't need our does that are without horns. I have two young ones that were bron late March and early April. One is a FB Buffalo Bill daughter that was in the 0-3 month class at our July Fair and ended up winning Grand Champion overall. The other was in the 3-6 month class and is a 50% doe out of our young herd sire Thunder Mountain and she was 2nd in a class of 20. There were 100 plus boer goats at our county fair. I don't have any updated pics of them right at the moment as they weren't on the for sure list to sell but I can always dehorn a couple new ones next year to replace them if our rules don't change and this way I would be helping you out. The first two pics are of the FB doe. The 2nd pic was when she was being shown in showmanship which is why a pygmy is in the ring with her. The thrid pic is the 50% and was taken from farther away so I had to crop a lot to actually see her. Her sire as well as Bill can be seen on my site. I would really like to sell them as a pair since I don't plan on keeping any others in their age group and don't want to stick one with older ones and have it fall behind. Because you are catching me at a don't want to say desperate time but "very motivated to sell" I could do $900 for the pair. If you would like to talk further feel free to give me a call or email. My contact information is on my site as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
They are gorgeous! Like the top pics especially. Don't know that our place would do them justice. We are about to age out of 4H (I may have to adopt a 10 yr old and start over LOL). Not sure if we are up to general showing. Good luck with your herd.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes I still do have some left. The most up to date listing will be on my site. I do still have some that haven't been washed and clipped yet either. They are all changing so much ever since I upped their feed. I will try and get the rest of what's available a quick bath and little clip to make it easier to judge what's there. Will also make sure there is a video of each one. This way up is the perfect example of a bad picture but watch the video and she is a muscle packed good little purebred doe. We did show her as a 0-3 and she beat our good little fb doe that we are retaining who also placed in the top 10 at the Indiana state fair with over 35 in the class both days as a young 4 month in the 3-6 class. We decided to commit our extra time to our other one and make This way up available. I also have a show correct sister to Barbie Doll that was the smaller of the two but to me was the better of the two and more complete animal. Will get a pic and video up for her as well. If there is a certain thing you are looking for your best bet is a phone call or private email to discuss it further. I do have a show this Saturday so I doubt I will have time to get updated pics and new videos etc till at least Sunday. There are a couple others that have been emailing as well that are working on seeing up visits but haven't committed to any certain ones yet so if there is one you really want you need to let me know so I can hold her for you. I guess solar flares is held at this point and Red Bandit is as well, the people holding them are supposed to come during this week so I will update their availability after that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts