The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 6 boer goat does and I am just wondering if anyone had any feeding suggestions for us. Three of them are 6-8 months old and two of them are bred for January. We also have a yearling born last June.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Just mmake sure they're getting 16-18% protein if they're growing and 14-16% if they're grown or bred.

I feed my six month old boer doe 1 quart (around a pound and half to two lbs) at each feeding with three big handfuls of calf manna and 1/4th flake of coastal hay and free choixe browse twice a day

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Just mmake sure they're getting 16-18% protein if they're growing and 14-16% if they're grown or bred.

I feed my six month old boer doe 1 quart (around a pound and half to two lbs) at each feeding with three big handfuls of calf manna and 1/4th flake of coastal hay and free choixe browse twice a day
My bred doe, she kids In february, gets 1/4 qt honor show chow and 3 handfuls of alfalfa pellets along with 1/4th flake of coastal hay twice a day... once she kids she will get more feed and more hay along with some alfalfa hay to help milk production

1 - 5 of 5 Posts