The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All

Ive been breeding full blood boer goats for 3 years now.

I bought my does and buck from a few different studs so I have lots and lots of different lines.
I have 5 breeding does.
I also have two doelings and a doe from my current buck.

Anyway I've been thinking of getting a new doe or two to add to my herd. So I have been checking out and talking to some of the breeders here and asking advice. One breeder has mentioned perhaps I should get a really really good buck instead. (not the first time a breeders try to sell me a buck ;)) So this got me thinking perhaps instead of buying more does it might be time to get a new buck instead and breed my new girls. Ive only kept 3 does from my current buck. One that is ready for breeding and the other two will not be ready to be joined for at least 14 months.

I like my current buck. He Has a beautiful head, but lacks in the twist area and has little to no stich however the bucklings he throws do! I don't think he is that bad considering what others have and what they are asking for them.He has given me some really nice kids. Ive been offered two bucks both from different studs so im interested in your thoughts? What would you do with your herd?

Current buck (4 years old) and example of a buckling (3months) he sired this year

Please note current buck is out of condition due to being working and its the end of winter here/ start of spring

Attachments

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no 2 proposed buck. does not look anything special to me but breeder tells me its from some great breeding

Attachments

·
2,203 Posts
I like both bucks, however I like the overall appearance and depth of the first buck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts