The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Could you post some pictures of it? Where is she losing the hair from? Also, what is her age, is she bred and what are you feeding her?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try and upload my pics. Its on her hind quarters and side. She is breeding now. She is well and good natured.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She is actually a goat im buying. I know her owner very well. This is not contagious. Non of the other goats ever got it. Im thinking it started in this last 6 months.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, she has been on a topical med not sure of name. She needs some tlc. As the owner has had to travel alot lately so it is broke out way more right now.

·
14,615 Posts
Yes she does need some tlc & Im with Karen on the worm & mineral especially copper issue. She could use some BoSe as well.
A buck I had rarely ate his minerals & after the first winter his hair was coming off in large dreadlock patches.
He got copper bolused & he slowly improved. I also gave him several cc aloe vera gel a few times a week.

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
If you get her I would have a skin scraping done by a vet just to rule out any bugs. I would also get her on a good mineral, possibly even look into iodine deficiency as that can cause hair loss.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I would also treat her with poor on ivomec, just in case she has mange/mites or lice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you everyone. I am going to do these things for sure. She is a very nice looking boer. I am excited to have her. Just got to get her better.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Use python dust, I had a doe do this a few months back... Just take it and put it all over her side! Be sure to wear gloves and a facemask though because it can be harmful to humans.

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
Sevin dust works too if you suspect lice/mites.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts