The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I get a phone call about Isis's little buckling and the guy really like him. The problem is he doesn't want to buy a buck. He than asked me if I have ever studded Ex out. And Have I ever thought about it and if so how much? Well No I never thought about it till now. He really likes what Ex looks like and he is coming out this weekend to look at him in person. He likes that he is registered and the body for a two year old. My question is How much should I stud him out for??

He also said he would get any testing done that I wanted to make sure his girls are clean. There are five of them that he want bred. I really need some expertise. Please help.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All five would be coming here. I have an area already just in case I go threw with it. They will be away from my girls. He really wants me to figure out a price.

·
Super Moderator
58,905 Posts
If they will be staying with you for any length of time, you need to figure in board to keep them or make the breeding fee high enough to include the board. You could do something like charge $3 per day per goat board too and then charge a breeding fee on top of that. I have paid $50 to $75 for a breeding fee for my Nigerians.

·
14,615 Posts
Good point about board fee Karen. Around here it is $2-3 pr day.
Reg Boer coverage goes 75-100 or more depending if buck is ennobled.
Whatever you do make sure his girls are tested, ask to see the papers before allowing them on your property. I would also do a health check for lice mites bumps & lumps with the understanding that you have the right to refuse service under any questionable circumstances.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This all seem like its going to get expensive!! Now is that $2-$3 dollars a day per doe? On top of $75.00 for breed fee per doe?

·
Super Moderator
58,905 Posts
I had the buck at my house so I just paid the $75 stud fee per female. Then I fed him and cared for him as if he was my own while at my house. He was there for a month. This was a friend's buck too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, Now I really need some help. Can someone help me with making a Stud Service agreement. And what is a flushing fee I am reading about?

·
Registered
224 Posts
When we took our girls to a buck, it was $100-125 per doe because of a 4-H discount (We were required to wether any bucklings). Regular stud fee was $200. We also paid $1/day for board because they were on pasture. The does were there for 2 cycles-about 6 weeks. The owner of the buck drew blood when we arrived and the girls were in a quarantine pen until the results were back (CAE/CL).

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I bought a buck from a breeder known throughout the country. He had already begun to start making a name for him. I have 6 does scheduled so far. I honestly wasn't planning to do outside breedings until I started getting e mails about it. I asked his breeder and that's what he told me I should do. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts