The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Boer Goat Breeder
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is about the time for me to wean the kids from the nannies. Since I don't have alot of space at my moms we are going to take the nannies to my dads and keep the kids at my moms. My dad recently purchesed 32 head of cattle and 6 were too little (about 500lbs) to put on the self feeder so they are in a seperate pen for now. The pen has 3 acres of feild and a smaller shed (like 8'x18') That is where the nannies were supposed to go. I was wondering has anyone ever put goats and cattle together? The plan right now is to move them in a week or so and I just wondered if anyone has had luck with it or not. I believe they will end up being fine but it will be an adjustment since neither the cattle or goats have ever been mixed or even seen each other.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I've had Boer goats and cattle together in a large pasture and they got along just fine. Just a few cows though and they couldn't get into the goats shed area.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
I don't have cattle, but I see them together all the time. :leap:

·
Boer Goat Breeder
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright thank you I figured since it is only 6 calves and 2 nannies they would be fine. They have 3 acers to roam maybe the cattle will make them part of the herd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts