The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought boer nannies on June 5 th. We are new to goats. We were told we should have kids by September/October. Well, we are getting into mid October and NO kids. I am sick. They look like they are bagging up. What should I do? I have lost 2 nannies already.

·
14,615 Posts
If they are bagging up it should be soon, especially if udder gets huge & shiny. When that happens usually they kid in 12hrs more or less.
Look for amber discharge & hollowed out flanks.
Doe will paw the ground, get up & down.
Do you happen to know if the ones that didn't make it were preg?

·
Super Moderator
58,832 Posts
When did you lose the does? Were they pregnant?

Are the does sick or anything? If not, you may just have s bad due date.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Awww I'm sorry your having a hard start. By the date the seller gave you they have no clue when they are due. So you could be looking at 5 months from the day you picked them up. Word of advise......the only way to be 100% sure a doe is bred is threw a ultrasound.... so when you buy a 'bred doe' don't let that be a key factor in buying them. If they are bagging up I say they are bred. If your not real sure you could take a pooch pic. Just walk up behind the goat and get a pic of her backside with the bag in the shot.....I'm no good at that but others can tell you ;)

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
Oh no! I'm so sorry for your losses. How did you lose them? If you run a fecal on your remaining does, I'd check for worms.

Should be soon with them bagging up. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts