The Goat Spot Forum banner

Boer nanny with bulging sides/ not pregnant

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  janeen128 
#1 ·
I need some help or opinions about a Boer nanny goat. I'm looking to purchase a nanny from an acquaintance and can't help but notice her huge bulging sides as if pregnant, but she's not. My friend says she was that way when he purchased her as well. She's had 3 sets of triplets for him since he's had her. I was wondering if anyone has seen this before and wonder what causes this condition.

I have already spoken for her so its too late to back out( I gave my word) so I am hoping someone will tell me not to worry.

thanks Goateeman:confused:

#7 ·
If the appearance doesn't bother you too much, these does seem to perform just as good or better than does without the bulging sides in my experience. That she is consistently producing triplets is confirmation of my theory. A greater concern for me would be "just how old is she"? She might have 3+ good years left, or she might be close to the end of her productiveness.

#9 ·
I am in the same boat with my Nubian/Lamancha girl, I thought she was preggo, but she is way past her due date. She seems healthy otherwise... She has a belly just like the girl in your pic.... I'm going to send in for fecals this week just to make sure everything is okay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.