boer nanny with diarrhea

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by RRFunnyFarm, Aug 7, 2014.

1. RRFunnyFarm

RRFunnyFarm New Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Boer nanny with diarrhea for second day and slightly lethargic. I gave her some dewormer this morning. Had noticed that she had gotten into my chicken feed(which is made up of layer pellets, and Milo) a couple days ago when she had gotten out of her pen. And today noticed Milo (undigested) throughout her stool. Any suggestions?

2. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    her rumen is compromised, most likely from the chicken feed, get her temp to see where she is at .101.5-103.5 is normal range...
    toxins are building because her rumen is sluggish or shutting down...
    If you have C D Antitoxin I would be giving her that ever 4 hours...if you dont have it or cant get it ASAP you can give her Milk of magnsia....the MOM will not help the runs right now..but it wil help flush the toxins building in her gut. Its important to be sure she stays hydrated while runny...even if you have to drench or do IV fluids...

off her grain right now..she needs hay alfalfa or green leaves...for now..

3. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Homemade Electrolytes

A half gallon of hot water
    2-6 Tablespoons of Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses or whaT YOU HAVE OR HONEY
    1-2 Tablespoons of Either Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Baking Soda or Table Salt.
    1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar

4. RRFunnyFarm

RRFunnyFarm New Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Thank you very much!

5. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    your welcome...keep us posted on her condition!!

6. RRFunnyFarm

RRFunnyFarm New Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Today she is moving around more without coaxing. And actually acting interested in eating prairie hay. Her stool isn't as watery as yesterday, though still seeing plenty of whole Milo in it. She did not like the electrolite drink but I managed to get her to swallow most of the first half gallon I made over the course of a couple hours, after that she decided that she wanted to drink her water on her own.

7. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    are you still doing MOM? Glad she is drinking on her own...offer green leaves, vines like as well..daily probios will all help kick start her rumen and restore flora : )

best wishes