The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fam like is said before im just getting in to this goat / Boer business. I just picked up this lil guy this weekend from a lil old man down the street selling all his goats. I'm trying to start a lil breeding program here on my 5 Acer ranch. But just trying to see if I'm going in the rt direction so far I got 5 goats 2 males 3 females...please all comments and input welcome

Vertebrate Fence Goat Mammal Mesh

Fence Dog breed Goat Mesh Wire fencing

Vertebrate Mammal Goat Fence Terrestrial animal

Goat Goat-antelope Terrestrial animal Working animal Snout

Attachments

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Sad to say, but the poor little guy just doesn't look delicious enough to breed. As paradoxical as it is, that means ya gotta eat him. :-/

Big white guy looks tasty enough; you can probably use good percentage does to get lots of yummy offspring from him.

That said, I'm a Pygmy breeder and don't know much about Boers. All I know is when Tenacross or CrossroadsBoers posts pics of their goats I start drooling and fantasizing about recipes, so that's what I look for in a Boer. ;) :D

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
I like the white buck, the little guy looks like he might be a cross, I don't like his dished nose, he should have a roman nose like the white buck. He is pretty short bodied and has a sloped rump. He looks nice and chunky though, so I'm sure he will taste good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts